Le Cellier with kids...

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by scape1224, Jan 29, 2009.

1. scape1224

scape1224 Earning My Ears

title says it all.

if you have taken your kids to Le Cellier did they do well for the meal?

i know my kids will eat the food no problem, but is there anything interesting for them while waiting on the meal? if no, how did your kiddos do with that?

mine will be 6, 3.5 and 8 months when we go...all boys.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. mom_to_2

mom_to_2 Mouseketeer

good question...ill be there with an almost 4yo and an 8mo...

4. lov2b@disney

lov2b@disney DIS Veteran

We did it last June with an 11,7 and 2 year old (boys) it was just fine. No entertainment in the restaurant, it is sort of a dark cozy atmosphere. There is the usual crayons and activity pages to do.

5. OKW Lover

OKW Lover Retired and living 2 miles from The Castle. DIS Lifetime Sponsor

LeCellier has the standard kid's menu thing. They also have crayons for coloring in the menu and working the games. That's pretty standard at the WDW restaurants.

6. nvrenoughdisney

nvrenoughdisney Mouseketeer

We've been there twice with kids. Last year we had 4 kids under age 6 and this year we had 6 kids ages 6 and under. I agree with the others that it is the typical kids dining experience! I didn't feel out of place with them. I wouldn't hesitate to do it again.

7. cndnchicky

cndnchicky Mouseketeer

We've brought our kids for the last two trips. I've seen some people take their kids out and walk around the Canada area...very beautiful and alot for them to see. But for sure bring your kids, i can promise you that there will be many other little ones there besides yours!!!:)

8. tiggerx3

tiggerx3 Mouseketeer

We took our DD at 2 1/2 and 3 1/2 and she was really good for both trips. Like the other posters said, crayons and activity pages were provided. She also had fun decorating her ice cream with sprinkles.
    We decided last year to take our portable DVD player to the restaurants where they didn't have characters. That kept her entertained too!

9. jdcthree

jdcthree DIS Veteran

My ds was almost 5 when we ate there and if I remember correctly, he sat and drew on candy paper with an edible marker. I don't remember if we got it in a World Showcase shop, but I know we bought it somewhere in Epcot. It kept him busy while we waited for our food, which wasn't long.

10. colinsdad

colinsdad DIS Veteran

My DW and I had our anniversary dinner there last September and were with our DS4 and DD6mos.

Its Disney. Most families having dinner are like mine (and yours). Don't let the fact that this place serves an awesome Filet scare you off. We had a few extra courses (Soup, Salad, App) before our entree so we asked our server to bring out DS's dinner after the soup course (we all started with the Cheddar Cheese Soup. YUMMMMM!)

As other posters have noted, they have kids menus they can color on too. If they bore easily like my DS (but I only have 1) bring something they like and cross your fingers.:goodvibes

11. shellybaxter

shellybaxter Dis Veteran <br>Disney Restaurants for one hundre

As long as your children will be able to sit nicely and not run around, scream, cry, kick your table neighbors, etc then they will be fine a LeCellier. Its not really a "kids place" where there is a lot to entertain them, but well behaved kids will be just fine and no one will think twice about them being there

12. WAHMto5

WAHMto5 DIS Veteran

We make sure to go to LeCelliers every trip and always have our 5 children with us. There are always a bunch of children in there dining and we have always had a good meal with no problems;)

13. scape1224

scape1224 Earning My Ears

thanks for your opinions!

we went with it and got an ADR there for may 5th at 5:35.

i cannot wait to try it!! :cool1:

14. DjdBrit

DjdBrit DIS Veteran

We went in April when my kids were 2, 4 and 7. They got the usual kids menus to color and when I am on vacation I don't carry my usual car load of crap to entertain them. They all did great, snacking on the pretzel bread kept them busy and then we play eye spy when the going gets tough. Our version of eye spy is looking for a color of an item not a letter since not everyone can spell it works really well. Between that and then endless trips to the bathroom we all had a great time and everyone wants to go back in MAy:)

Good luck and I am glad you got your ADR.

15. abc999

abc999 DIS Veteran

The pretzel bread and a vanilla milkshake kept my kids (ages 2.5 and 4.5) busy until their steak came.

16. goldenears

goldenears DIS Veteran DVC Gold

We took our kid there on our last trip in Dec.. Our kids were 3 and 1. As others have said, no entertainment, etc..., but the pretzel bread is great and you do get crayons to color with. There is a Kidcot station right next to LeCellier. You could always pick up masks for your 2 older kids and they could work on coloring them while waiting for food.