Le Cellier Ressies?!

cdsmom

Mouseketeer
Okay, just need to vent a bit and get someone's take on this...:mad:

I've had 3 LC ressies that try to rebook with others who either were cancelling or booking and have made specific precise arrangements to coordinate it....however; NONE of them would turn up. :headache: Where do these ressies go within 30 seconds? Is it really that fast to book these or is there a possibility that they're being held for some odd reason. :confused3

I know I tried to do this! It is very frustrating I even phoned Disney right away since I wanted the LC ressie sooooo bad but it wasn't in their system either and she said they come up instanly back into the system and there was no difference between online or the phone.. I found this very hard to believe since they really seem to go poof! :confused3

I know I tried to do this! It is very frustrating I even phoned Disney right away since I wanted the LC ressie sooooo bad but it wasn't in their system either and she said they come up instanly back into the system and there was no difference between online or the phone.. I found this very hard to believe since they really seem to go poof! :confused3

I KNOWWWW! I'm sure there has to be something going on and they're just not telling anyone. I've made other arrangements with various restaurants, Coral Reef, Ohana and CP....LE CELLIER is the only one that gets held up in space!!! Uggghh!

There have been a couple of ressies that ive cancelled for 5 people and they have come back in the system for 6 people !! Weird

If you are reading the "adr reservation" threads, you will know that right now LC is having major difficulties being found.

Nothing is turning up online, and sometimes the CMs on the phone can't find them.
It is most likely a bug that happened in the updates that are going on.

If you want more info you should check those threads out. Not much you can do about them at this point.

I've been reviewing the ressies for LC also. I'm not much for rearranging my schedule for a ressie though. If I can't find something for a specific day and time frame, (breakfast, lunch, dinner) then I'm outta luck. But for fun, a couple nights ago (1am), I looked at a different day and found a LC same time I wanted but different day. I took the ressie. Then cancelled it to see if it would show back up in the system and it did immediately. So I'm conflicted to think LC are not showing up in the system or there is a delay. That did not seem to be the case with my "experiment". I did that all within about 2 minutes.

There have been a couple of ressies that ive cancelled for 5 people and they have come back in the system for 6 people !! Weird

I've found something similar.

Someone was canceling there LC ressie for 4 and I was trying to book for 3. Nothing was coming up .. kept checking .. kept checking ... nothing.

Then ... :idea: I tried for 4 people ..... bingo!!!!! I got the ressie.

It's weird but meh ... I dunno . :confused3

I've found something similar.

Someone was canceling there LC ressie for 4 and I was trying to book for 3. Nothing was coming up .. kept checking .. kept checking ... nothing.

Then ... :idea: I tried for 4 people ..... bingo!!!!! I got the ressie.

It's weird but meh ... I dunno . :confused3
I've found, not for Le Cellier in particular but with Disney restaurants in general, that the system is very specific about the # of people at a table & will not give a larger table to a smaller party. They want to fill every seat, so they aren't going to allow a party of 3 to book a 4-top table when its very likely that a party of 4 will eventually book that table. (Unless of course the restaurant doesn't have 3-top tables, then they should allow parties of 3 to book at a 4-top.)

My advice, if you are trying to book for an odd # of people and cannot find any availability, try adding 1 person so you have an even #.

I've found, not for Le Cellier in particular but with Disney restaurants in general, that the system is very specific about the # of people at a table & will not give a larger table to a smaller party. They want to fill every seat, so they aren't going to allow a party of 3 to book a 4-top table when its very likely that a party of 4 will eventually book that table. (Unless of course the restaurant doesn't have 3-top tables, then they should allow parties of 3 to book at a 4-top.)

My advice, if you are trying to book for an odd # of people and cannot find any availability, try adding 1 person so you have an even #.

So I read this and took your advice. My DH really wants to try LC and I tried to get in every day of our trip at every time slot avail with no luck! Well I changed the rezzie from two people to four and got a rezzie! Now I wonder... what do I tell LC when I get there with only two people?

Anyway... on 1/4/11 I have 2 extra seats at our table for dinner at LC if anyone is up for an adventure!!! Ha ha!

Thanks for the tip!

So I read this and took your advice. My DH really wants to try LC and I tried to get in every day of our trip at every time slot avail with no luck! Well I changed the rezzie from two people to four and got a rezzie! Now I wonder... what do I tell LC when I get there with only two people?

Anyway... on 1/4/11 I have 2 extra seats at our table for dinner at LC if anyone is up for an adventure!!! Ha ha!

Thanks for the tip!
Uh oh, now I feel like I'm going to get a DISboards slap on the wrist for recommending this. I was only thinking of a party with an odd # of people adding 1, you took it to another level! ;)

Now I am thinking of a new thread... "Reservations for SHARE" - hahaha.

Uh oh, now I feel like I'm going to get a DISboards slap on the wrist for recommending this. I was only thinking of a party with an odd # of people adding 1, you took it to another level! ;)

Now I am thinking of a new thread... "Reservations for SHARE" - hahaha.

Naaaa, no worries. I called Disney and had my rezzie changed to just two people! Weird how that worked!

Okay, at the beginning of my post after ranting regarding LC cancellations disappearing and not re-appearing again :confused3 with a possiblity of it being held somewhere :idea:

Well, as we all can see from the Dec cancel thread...an INFLUX of Ohana ressies are available...where did this all come from?!!:eek: Great for alot of us...now I'm just waiting for an influx of Le Cellier and Coral Reef! :woohoo:

BRING IT ON!!!! :dance3:

Naaaa, no worries. I called Disney and had my rezzie changed to just two people! Weird how that worked!

I accidentally cancelled a 3 person reservation of my own and when I immediately realized my mistake I went to go reclaim it but it did indeed go to 4! Should I call or will it be OK to tell them its just the three of us when we show up..?

My DH and I are taken a trip in January without the kids and I tried to get a Le Cellier ressies for two people with no luck. When are you going? We are going Jan 15-22

I have this same issue, since I travel solo. It won't allow me to book for one, so I book for two and just tell them the other person couldn't make it when I show up for the meal.

Just thought I'd let you know my recent experience with LeCellier.

My WDW trip was pretty much last minute and it was short - Friday to Sunday. On Wednesday morning, just two days before the trip I got a reservation at LeCellier for 12:10 on Friday. I cancelled it on Thursday because we had changed our park plans.

On Friday morning while getting ready to go, I check and was able to get a reservation on Sunday at 1:00.

With both of these reservations, I booked for 4 even though there were 3 of us going.

Upon check-in the party in front of us AND behind us were looking for walk-in availability. Both parties were seated.

Just thought I'd let you know my recent experience with LeCellier.

My WDW trip was pretty much last minute and it was short - Friday to Sunday. On Wednesday morning, just two days before the trip I got a reservation at LeCellier for 12:10 on Friday. I cancelled it on Thursday because we had changed our park plans.

On Friday morning while getting ready to go, I check and was able to get a reservation on Sunday at 1:00.

With both of these reservations, I booked for 4 even though there were 3 of us going.

Upon check-in the party in front of us AND behind us were looking for walk-in availability. Both parties were seated.

How NICE to wake up with some GREAT NEWS...:worship: :worship: :worship:!
Thank you for sharing this knowing that there's possibility of the changes during the trip. :cool1:

Last year, I would check for LC reservations every day online after work (just in case someone cancelled) and I finally got a reservation about 3 weeks before my trip. If I was you, I would just keep trying. People's plans change and they cancel and open reservations may come up.

Good luck!

caroline

I have been trying for 2 wks to get ressies there to no avail :( we leave in 16 days....still hoping someone will cancel theirs!:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter