• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Le Cellier for lunch 02/10/07

Luv2Roam

DIS Veteran
Four adults (2 couples), splurging and celebrating life for no particular reason! :cool1:

It was a late lunch. I had made an ADR days in advance. But not that long ago. (Maybe the previous weekend. :confused3 )

We were seated right away. But witnessed several guests being turned away for any Le Cellier meals for the day with no ADRs. Everyone being turned away was told lunch and dinner were booked solid there. And I don't think there was an empty table until much later when they obviously were switching from lunch to dinner.

Stephanie was our server and she did a terrrific job. The DH of the other couple had a manager come over as we were leaving in order to make sure to compliment Stephanie directly to him.

Us two DW's ordered the cheese soup as an appy. My DH ordered the Crab and Salmon Timbale - Smoked salmon layered with Canadian rock crab, Mascarpone cheese, and citrus syrup. ($11.99)

The cheese soup was very good. It tastes better every time I eat it. This time was more thick than what I recall eating in the past. It was not glumpy thick. Just thick(er) than I recall and very good. ($4.99 each)

DH LOVED :cloud9: his appy. No way would he have shared! :rotfl2: He did everything but pick up the plate and lick off the citrus sauce. LOTS of salmon and cheese.

THEN -- three of us ordered the burger ($11.49). Mine had mushrooms and bacon. (Extra $1 each.)
DH, continuing his trend :rolleyes1 , ordered the Petit Filet ($21.99).
No complaints from any of us.
I ordered my burger Well Done. Mine still could have been cooked longer. The only complaint I have is the burgers are served on an English Muffin. And mine was VERY tough on one half. Biting was nearly impossible. And I struggled to even cut it with a steak knife, and gave up.

It was a good burger. But I have had better. And I imagine I could find one less expensive elsewhere. So I would pass on getting a burger there if we ate lunch at Le Cellier again.

Then dessert --- popcorn:: (which was why I was not overly concerned about the burger). I had PLENTY to eat!

I ordered the Chocolate Moose. VERY CUTE! We all got a kick out of it. And not one camera between any of us! And the moose part was HEAVENLY! :goodvibes :cloud9:

DW friend had for dessert a Chocolate Raspberry shake. She really enjoyed it.

Her DH ate the Smores. Again, VERY cute, and plated with various colorful, flavored syrups all over the large plate. The bottom portion was ice cream. Very sweet, almost too over the top I think. But he ate it all! :laughing:

My DH ate the Canadian Club Cake. Chocolate and chocolate with a creamy white sauce that came on the side to pour over the cake. He liked it, but said he would order something different. It was good. But not note worthy as he was expecting, I think.

Ice teas to drink. So nothing interesting there. And of course the bread and whipped butter... :yay: Always good. They even brought more at the end of our meal that we did not touch.
All the portion sizes were pretty good too -- esp for lunch. Larger than we expected, really.

Overall a great meal and service. Our first time at Le Cellier for lunch. Still expensive, but a nice treat with great friends! :cheer2:

Sounds like a great lunch!!! I will be there in 70 some odd days! Can't wait!
Thanks for sharing~:goodvibes

Oh -- I wanted to mention --
with the burgers we had our choice of fries or potato salad. My friends ate fries. (And the french fries looked fine. Just nothing special that I could see.)
My potato salad was not what I expected -- and it was LUCIOUS!
They were warm/hot seasoned, quartered, cooked (fried??) potatoes. Lightly grilled maybe. They were delicious!! mmmmmm:woohoo:

Oh -- I wanted to mention --
with the burgers we had our choice of fries or potato salad. My friends ate fries. (And the french fries looked fine. Just nothing special that I could see.)
My potato salad was not what I expected -- and it was LUCIOUS!
They were warm/hot seasoned, quartered, cooked (fried??) potatoes. Lightly grilled maybe. They were delicious!! mmmmmm:woohoo:

Yummy!! Thanks so much for this tidbit. We will be trying Le Cellier for the first time this May and I am so glad that the potato salad is great...I am a potato salad lover!:thumbsup2

Will be dining at Le Cellier on Tuesday (Jet Blue willing), and am going to look into that potato salad! Yum! Thanks for sharing!

Everytime I go to Disney I have to eat at Le Cellier. The Cheese Soup and pretzels are awesome as is the Steak Burger. Never disappointed. Be sure to make your reservations.

Reporting back on the warm potato salad--two thumbs up! Delicious! Had a great lunch last week at Le Cellier, as always. Can't wait to go back!

I'm a potato person. I would say the WDW restauramt with the BEST potatoes is Shutters (CBR). :love:
Second is Le Cellier with their potato salad. (Anyone wanting traditional potato salad would be disappointed.)
Neither are so uniquely different. Really basic, but just prepared well. :yay:

I would say that Le Cellier lunch ranked much higher than yesterday's MM lunch. But DH ate much better, and the cost was higher at Le C.

Love hearing great things about one of our favorite restarants. I hate gushing about it since it gives people impossible to meet expectations about eating there and then they are disappointed. I always try to go to any place with an open mind, and expecting to enjoy myself. It's rare that I am disappointed, as I can usually find something that was done well. If many things were great, then I'm really happy!

I got the cheese selection last time I was at Le Cellier and it almost knocked me out of my chair it was so delicious. But then, I could eat cheese for every meal (and I think I have, on occassion).

:thumbsup2

I've been second guessing my LeCellier lunch adr. Your review has made me second guess the second guessing :) I think we'll keep the ADR. That salmon appy sounds absolutely divine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter