Le Cellier - Booked solid during our stay (15-19th)

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by NewJersey, May 6, 2006.

1. NewJersey

NewJersey DIS Veteran

I made the mistake of waiting until today (we leave in 9 days) for dining reservations. We wanted to eat at Le Cellier in Canada but it's booked solid while we're there so we chose the steakhouse in Contemporary that day. had no other problems getting dining reservations anywhere else that week though.

Just giving people heads up if they attempt it. I'm going to try when we get down there to see if anyone cancelled theirs.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. lowie

lowie DIS Veteran<br><font color=00cc00>I got a tootsie

we'll be there the same time, i made my adr a few weeks ago and they were very limited.

4. HauntedMansionMan

HauntedMansionMan Earning My Ears

Hey Tim,

Central NJ here too...I will be down there May 15 to 20.

Le Cellier, IMO, is overrated. It is a good restaurant by Disney standards, but not amazing. There are better choices at Epcot like Chefs de France. The Concourse Steak House is just as good as Le Cellier, although it can be very noisy from Chef Mickey's next door. Hope you have a great trip!

Steve

5. NewJersey

NewJersey DIS Veteran

hi steve,

thanks for the heads up..we were going to try the steak place in yacht club but my parents were bent on the Concourse steakhouse to try it out. have a great trip!

6. Micca

Micca Where there's a will, there's an heir

I made an ADR for our upoming trip a few weeks ago and 8:50 was the best they could do. The CM told me Le Cellier was about the most popular place on property.:earsboy:

7. crazy4wdw

crazy4wdw DIS Veteran

I have an ADR for Le Cellier on May 16. I made my ressie 180 days in advance. This will be my first time eating there and I'm looking forward to it! :cool1:

8. lillygator

lillygator DIS Veteran

We'll be dining at LC on 5/19 - I made mine ages ago. I'm not too keen on LC but having done both LC and Concourse I do think LC is much better. I would keep calling if you want to go. I know people don't "have" to cancel but many do.

Good luck - and I guess I'll be seeing some of you at the world - we leave in 10 days!

oops - I didn't read that you had chosen the CS...sorry about that. I am sure you'll still enjoy it. and it's definitely cheaper than Yachtmen's!

9. n2mm

n2mm aka WALTSGIRL

We just returned and I agree that LC is booked. We ate there on 4/24 and the CM said they were booked up until May 3rd. That was 2 weeks ago. We ate there 3 times during our trip because I had made my ADRs months earlier. We were glad because each time, we watched hordes of folks being told the same thing. Actually we noticed most places were not taking walk ins. While at the Plaza for lunch on Thursday 5/4, the server was telling folks there were no opennings until after 8:00PM. MK has the board posted in front of Town Hall when you come in and it tells you who has availability. While there on Thursday 5/4, it only showed Tony's and the Plaza with any opennings available for lunch or dinner and that was at 9:00AM. While at the 50s PT, again, they were accepting no walkins. Keep in mind I am talking week days, not weekends. I never expect any opennings on weekends.

10. MickeyMonstersMom

MickeyMonstersMom DIS Veteran

I just made ADR's for an August trip last week, and LeCellier was booked through dinner hours. I had the choice of 12:45 or 2:15. I had no problems getting ADR's for the other restaurants and times I wanted. Looks like LeC is indeed quite popular lately!

11. lizanne

lizanne DIS Veteran

Earlier this week I made ADR for LC for Nov 3rd. They had 2 time slots open. I felt silly because we never make ressies this far in advance but last trip we couldn't get one at LC trying at 90 days in advance. We also tried as a walk up when we were there but no luck.

Personally, I don't eat steak but my DH loves it. I hope he's not disappointed.

12. Minnie

Minnie DIS Veteran

Did you by any chance try to get a lunch ressie?

I just called a couple nights ago and easily added Le Cellier to both my May 14th and July 9th and had my choice of times.

Lunch and dinner are very similar menus only lunch is a little less expensive and easier to book.

Good luck!

13. knovak

knovak DIS Veteran

The CM I booked my ADR with told me that LC is as hard to get as Chef Mickey's these days - good luck!

14. Chickkypoo

Chickkypoo DIS Veteran

We ate at Le Cellier and the Concourse on our last trip, and maybe we just caught Le Cellier on a bad night, but we found the steak at Concourse to be so much better. We're planning on having dinner at the Concourse again this year.

15. spaceoddity

spaceoddity Mouseketeer

I have an ADR there for dinner on May 18...it's a little earlier than what i was looking for but at least i got one...I would keep trying maybe they'll have some cancellations?

16. Tidus

Tidus Mouseketeer

I tried to change my ADR for LC, which is in Aug., for a later time and she said they are booked solid. It's kind of funny because my husband was just making fun of me for booking so far ahead! It is crazy, but you have to do it if you want to eat at certain restaurants.

17. daisyduck123

daisyduck123 <font color=green>I just love those parmesan mashe

We are eating at Le Cellier that day too!! (Our first time also)
    What time is your ADR?
    Ours is 6:40 p.m.

18. lowie

lowie DIS Veteran<br><font color=00cc00>I got a tootsie

i've never had a problem getting chef mickeys, and this is the first time i've ever made ADR's in advance!

19. NewJersey

NewJersey DIS Veteran

chickkypoo,

glad to hear some positive things about concourse!

i still can't believe after reading about everyone's experiences how far in advance they have to book. When we check in, I'm going to give a call to see if anything opened. can't hurt to try! but as long as i'm in disney, I don't care.

8 days!!

20. PlutoLuvr

PlutoLuvr KORT RORP/ERS AULS TKPWET T LA*S WORD :)

If it's a good steak dinner you're looking for, try Jiko. We couldn't get an ADR for LC once, and the CM on the phone suggested Concourse or Jiko for steak. We opted for Jiko since we'd never been to the AKL. Jiko is now a must do for us. We even cancelled an ADR we had at LC later in the week to go back to Jiko. Now we don't even stress about LC. We just enjoy all the other foods at Epcot not worrying about being too full at the end of the park for a steak dinner :)

21. LeCras

LeCras Mouseketeer<br><font color=red>I don't think I cou

I went to Le Cellier to get a couple of glasses of ice wine when we were at Epcot last week. While I waited for the wine a few people came in to check availability for that same evening. The response was the same every time: "I'm sorry, but we are booked solid for the next three to four weeks".

If you want to eat at Le Cellier, make an ADR... :)

Charlotte