Lauren & Keith are FINALLY getting married...Spring 2014

redlight said:
That's a beautiful dress and you have a fantastic figure.

Thank you! I wish my body looked that good in everyday clothes. The dress makes it look better than it actually is :)

I don't always get alerted either! Thank you so much, Shana. I can't wait for your day...it's so much closer than mine! Feel free to come stalk mine next year lol.

Umm... YES PLEASE! :)
I love all of your plans so far. Are you gonna be down here for a planning session at all once its a little bit closer to your date? Unless DF gets a job out of state, I'll be here :)

ShanaMouse said:
Umm... YES PLEASE! :)
I love all of your plans so far. Are you gonna be down here for a planning session at all once its a little bit closer to your date? Unless DF gets a job out of state, I'll be here :)

I wish!! We're only doing escape so no planning session for us. Thanks for the menus again. FMIL decided she didn't like that place either. I can't win with that woman!!! Lol.

I wish!! We're only doing escape so no planning session for us. Thanks for the menus again. FMIL decided she didn't like that place either. I can't win with that woman!!! Lol.

LOL! Have you looked at Wolfgang Puck's at all? I know they do private/semi-private stuff too or Portobellos. Not sure how formal or informal you want it to be but planet hollywood also does semi private dining. You have the second floor there for your group and they have group menus also.

ShanaMouse said:
LOL! Have you looked at Wolfgang Puck's at all? I know they do private/semi-private stuff too or Portobellos. Not sure how formal or informal you want it to be but planet hollywood also does semi private dining. You have the second floor there for your group and they have group menus also.

She probably isn't going to be happy unless the reception venue is in a hall with a DJ and since she isn't offering to pay for anything I don't think her opinion should really matter, but it does. I think she just has a problem grasping that a destination wedding is a small affair. I don't care if I share a restaurant of people. Keith just tells me "whatever you want, princess." I really want Ohana because I love the atmosphere and the view. Plus we could walk to the beach and watch Wishes and maybe even get a few awesome photos from family members. Plus, there will be three kids (6, 2, and 2) and I want something fun for them to enjoy too.

She probably isn't going to be happy unless the reception venue is in a hall with a DJ and since she isn't offering to pay for anything I don't think her opinion should really matter, but it does. I think she just has a problem grasping that a destination wedding is a small affair. I don't care if I share a restaurant of people. Keith just tells me "whatever you want, princess." I really want Ohana because I love the atmosphere and the view. Plus we could walk to the beach and watch Wishes and maybe even get a few awesome photos from family members. Plus, there will be three kids (6, 2, and 2) and I want something fun for them to enjoy too.

oooohh, i see! Yeah we were having that issue too that other people felt the need to put in their opinions but werent actually going to be paying for any of the more elaborate/lavish plans they envisioned! I went to 'Ohana for the first time about a month ago and LOVED IT! i think that would be a perfect place, especially because you don't have 50+ people that you are needing to be seated together, etc. We went there during the DisBrides meetup last month and i think we were about 20 people or so and it was great. When the fireworks started, the lights in the restaurant dimmed and there was some music. I definitely agree that her opinion shouldnt matter, especially since she isnt offering to pay. if you want 'ohana and Keith is fine with it too, I think you should do it. You dont want to look back afterwards and wish you would have done something else only to avoid having her be unhappy about the decision you made on YOUR wedding day! I had a hard time realizing that this is OUR day and not everyone else's. Until i came to terms with this, i tried to please everyone but then, one day, i just said no more and i will do what i want because everyone else does what THEY want on their big day too. :)

I got my M&Ms today! I'm super excited. They say "WILL YOU BE IN OUR WEDDING?" And they are blue and white. I can't wait to see them in person, as I am at DF's place. I will post a picture next week. I got really cute boxes to put them in. That's all I have, I just needed to share my excitement somewhere where the people I'm asking won't know what's coming! Have a good weekend everyone!

Ah looking forward to seeing the pictures of the m&ms as I said I had never heard of this before so I'm intrigued :D

P.S the dress is gorgeous and it fits you perfectly :) x

That's so cool! I can't wait to see a picture :). Did you buy them in bulk? Were they expensive?

I got a two pound bag. It cost me about $60, which wasn't too costly in my opinion for something special. The cards I was going to get on etsy would've cost about the same price. Chocolate for the win!

Ah looking forward to seeing the pictures of the m&ms as I said I had never heard of this before so I'm intrigued :D

P.S the dress is gorgeous and it fits you perfectly :) x

Thank you so much for the compliment on the dress. I randomly find myself staring at it and resisting the urge to put it on.

Enjoying reading along!! Not sure what PJ means but I will google/search boards later.

Wanted to say a few things:

I love your name, that is my DD's name too. :love:

Your grandfather seems like an amazing man, and the pic of you and him is so cute. I have to say, he looks great for his age...actually think he looks much younger!

The dress you ultimately decided on is gorgeous on you. I myself had bought 1 wedding dress and then ended up falling in love with another, and returned the other one and went with the one I fell in love with.

How did the M&M's surprise go with your sister in laws? Hope they all said yes! How many are in your bridal party?

Looking forward to hearing more updates!

PS- I really love the blue and white bouquet....it is soo beautiful.

I can't believe it's been SO long since I posted on your PJ! I think because I see all the updates on FB.

You know I love your dress, it's beautiful. And, well, M&Ms, you can't go wrong. I could just buy a few bags every holiday and I'd have my colors, but I wouldn't have the awesome personalization! Love them, can't wait for more!

Hi Lauren!

Your dress is beautiful! And I just noticed you live in Cape May - I live in Mays Landing!!! Where did you go dress shopping? I have not started yet but since there are not a whole lot of stores around here I was hoping you might have some advice about where to shop or where to avoid!! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter