Laundry ?

debluvstigger

Earning My Ears
Sorry if this has been asked -- how much does a load (both wash & dry) cost and do the machines take dollars or do I have to pack a gazillion quarters? Any problems with taking a gazillion quarters on an airplane (will they think I'm nuts? :crazy: )

thanks

It cost $2.00 to wash and $2.00 to dry a load, but the dryers don't get that hot, so it always takes two cycles, (so add another $2.00). I hate to come home with dirty clothes so always plan to wash clothes our last night. You can get a small bottle of Tide (does 4 loads) at Target for .99 or what I've started doing is putting a scoop of my regular detergent into snack size zip lock bags along with a few sheets of fabric softener. Then place those small bags into a larger zip lock marked laundry with a mini M&M canister full of quarters. The mini M&M canister keeps the quarters neater than a paper roll would. The only thing is that I always put it in my carry on (refuse to put any cash in a checked bag) and yes, it sets the security off everytime so my carry-on bag always gets searched. I just tell the TSA guy what did it.

Don't they sell detergent there? I was going to carry detergent, but now I'm thinking I'll just buy some in the resort laundry room. I wonder how much the detergent is.

Hi, I think that the detergent in the vending machines were $1 per box and one box does one load. We took our own detergent and fabric softener sheets when we were at POR in May. After my laundry was finished I gave my bottle of detergent to a guy who was coming in to do his laundry and was going to buy detergent from the vending machine. I hate feeding quarters to any type of machine!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter