Laundry Rooms on the Fantasy.... which decks?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by Down Under Minnies, Sep 19, 2012.

1. Down Under Minnies

Down Under Minnies Earning My Ears

Hi,

Could someone please help me by advising which floors have the laundry rooms.

I have had a quick look at the ship floor plans but cannot see anything indicating the laundry room.

I have been told deck two but not sure.

Thanks

:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. sue

sue love my DVC

I spoke to a DCL person a few days and she told me that they have them on almost every deck. I asked about deck 6 since we were going to again be on that deck. She said yes and also deck 8,9,10 and I know there were a bunch more decks on the list too. We have always had deck 6 on the magic and wonder and now again on the Fantasy. They were located starboard side between midship and aft.

4. mammacaryn

mammacaryn Don't be a JERK!

These are the locations on the DREAM:
    deck 2 (opposite 2002),
    deck 5 (opposite 5192),
    deck 6 (opposite 6508),
    deck 7 (opposite 7014),
    deck 8 (opposite 8150),
    deck 9 (opposite 9500) and
    deck 10 (opposite 10572

Thinking they are the same or very close to the same on the Fantasy.

5. boogabuzz

boogabuzz DIS Veteran

Do the laundry rooms have detergent? If so, how much is it? Wondering if I should purchase the travel packets of detergent they sell at Target(or maybe just bring a few of those Tide cubes)

6. CT Mom of 3

CT Mom of 3 Mouseketeer

There was one on Deck 9 on the Fantasy. They do have packets of detergent - I think it was only $2 or so - I wouldn't bother bringing your own.

7. kcashner

kcashner DIS Veteran

Deck 2 on the Fantasy has a nice laundry room toward the forward area. I believe the above list for the Dream is accurate for the Fantasy as well.

There are vending machines selling products for $1 (KTTW card swipe). Washer $2, dryer $2 (all card swipe). I take the opposite approach to the suggestion above--I do bring some detergent from home packaged for single load use. It is a lot less costly to get Purex 3 in 1 sheets or Tide Pods than to buy the stuff on the ship, and I don't find this to be a big deal. The machines are HE (when considering detergent). Interestingly, the detergent in the vending machines were regular (not HE) in May. Odd, I know.

No need for quarters; everything works on key swipe.

8. NWmom

NWmom DIS Veteran

For those with allergies- you can now get All Free and Clear in the pods as well.

9. love280mickey

love280mickey Mouseketeer

oh my, I'm in room 7014. I'm hoping it wont' be too noisy with people coming and going. Are they open all night?

10. It'sWDW4me

It'sWDW4me <font color=green>Fairly new... still gets a tag :

Just a PSA about the laundry rooms - the amount of machines can vary GREATLY so check it out BEFORE you schlepp your laundry!

We were on deck 8 forward (room 8512) on the Fantasy. I saw that the laundry room on deck 8 was all the way in the aft section. I schlepped 3 loads of laundry alllllllll the way back only to find that there were 2.... 2!.... washers and 3 dryers. The laundry on deck 9 is much bigger and has 6 washers and 7 dryers.

Detergent (the machine said All but Tide powder was dispensed) and dryer sheets (Snuggle - 2 sheets per box) cost $1. The washers & dryers cost $2 each cycle. All is paid for electronically by swiping your room key. :thumbsup2

11. kcashner

kcashner DIS Veteran

Normally the laundry rooms are open 24/7. However, if it is noisy, complain to Guest Services. In the past they have posted a "Be Considerate....keep the noise down" sign and when that didn't work, they closed/locked the laundry room at night. This was on the Magic.

It is typically not a problem.

The laundry rooms on the Magic and Wonder are very uniform in size and number of machines. On the Fantasy there is a lot more variation. The one on deck 2 is large with lots of machines.

12. jahber

jahber DIS Veteran

How odd. I used the deck 8 laundry room on the Dream and I remember there being more than two washers. There were almost certainly 3 or 4 on the bottom row. Could they have changed the layout on the Fantasy? Or maybe I am remembering wrong?

The deck 5 laundry on the fantasy had 6-8 washers and the same number of dryers. Plus, it's a deck with fewer rooms because of the kids' club. So if anyone on the Fantasy is already aft anyway, try deck 5!

Oh, and OP, maybe it's just me, but I always forget how to use the washers between cruises. Read the directions! They don't work the way you might expect them to :)

13. FBDM66

FBDM66 Permanent Resident of Main Street USA

I was in 7012. Noise wasn't a problem at all.

14. It'sWDW4me

It'sWDW4me <font color=green>Fairly new... still gets a tag :

Hmm, maybe. I just remember walking in to the laundry room on deck 8 and both washers were in use. One was finishing in 10 minutes or so but the other still had an hour on it. :scared1: With 3 loads in my bag, I knew that I had to find another laundry room! ::yes::

ITA!!! Even WITH reading the directions, I was pretty clueless - thank goodness someone "in the know" came in as I was struggling and he helped me out. :worship: I somehow wound up with 2 extra $2 charges on my stateroom bill. How that was possible considering how the system is set up is beyond me but there were 2 extra charges. Guest Services did remove them when I explained that I only had 3 loads and I must have done a doozy in confusing the system! :rotfl2:

15. mmouse37

mmouse37 DCL Diva!!

Here are pics of the Launderette on Deck 2 forward....on the Dream.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Looks like 2 washers and 4 dryers:

[​IMG]

View from Cabin #2002 past the Launderette towards the Forward staircase.

[​IMG]

We stayed in Cabin #2004 and loved the forward location and had no problem with the noise even with the Launderette being across the hall.

MJ

16. sara mom

sara mom Mouseketeer

We've always brought Tide Pods with us. I did want want to take a chance they would not carry it on board the ship.

17. jahber

jahber DIS Veteran

Yeah, I'm probably just not remembering correctly. It would NOT be the first time ;)