Laundry on Ship

MJS

DIS Veteran
Are there laundry facilities on the ship? If so, where are they located? Also, does Disney offer cleaning/valet service?

There are laundry rooms on board - 3 I think. On deck 2 near 2096, Deck 6, and Deck 7. The deckplans link above doesn't show them, but they are shown in the deckplans in Passporter. The self-laundry functions like it does anywhere else.

Tehre's also valet laundry. Someone else posted the prices recently - pretty standard, I beleve.

Is going on here too. I would looooooove not to do laundry for a week, but can't justify paying someone else to do it. We were fine on the 4-day Wonder since we went to BWV from there, but I could never pack enough for the four of us to go seven days! Eight days really, since we're flying in ahead of time.

Lisa

I got these prices from our 4/05 cruise. Hope this helps.

FYI-Laundry service price list

Services
Regular service: Next day 5 p.m.
Same day service: Add 50 % to dry cleaning surcharge. Picked up before 9 am, returned 5 pm
Express service: Add 100 % express cleaning surcharge. Call for pickup, returned in 3 hours.

Pressing only service is 50% of Dry Cleaning price.

Dry Cleaning
Suit (2 Piece) $ 7.00
Suit (3 Piece) $ 9.00
Coats $ 7.00
Pants $ 4.25
Jackets $ 4.50
Shirts $ 3.50
Ties $ 2.00
Sweaters $ 4.00
Blouses $ 4.00
Evening Dress $ 8.00
Skirts $ 4.50

Laundry

Shirts $ 3.00
Pants $ 3.50
Socks $ 1.00
Undershirts/bras $ 1.25
Pajamas $ 4.00
Handkerchiefs $ 0.75
Undershorts $1.25
T-shirts $ 2.50
Blouses $ 3.50
Slips $ 3.00
Nightgowns $ 3.00
Short Pants $ 2.50
Sports Shirts $ 2.50

If it's worth it to spend several thousand $$$ to go on a cruise, then it's worth it to spend $20 to not have to spend a couple of hours doing laundry on that cruise. JMO!

Can I show your thread to my husband?

Lisa

P.S. One of my friends just told me the same thing

We used the laundry room on Deck 2. It was located close to our room and we just did a few loads here and there.

When you travel with 6 people (and 5 of them are girls) to pack that many clothes for 1 week would be next to impossible! So we usually only bring a few pants and sweaters for each and then wash as we go (they take up too much room in a suitcase!)

If I could just figure out a way to have a bellman take all of our luggage all of the time while on vacation - I would be set for life!

I'm planning on sending out DH shirts and trousers and my dresses the first night we arrive to be pressed. They will have been in a case for 4 days!!

While on the Magic, the deck 7 laundry facility was in constant use. Many people told us they brought far less luggage by doing laundry. Our table mates used the laundry service and said it was great. They narrowed down their luggage by one bag each.

We were in 7570 and right down the hall from the laundry room. Very convenient. I did 3 loads on our 7 night cruise. I took a roll of quarters with me and some sample size boxes of laundry soap. I will definately do this again on our next cruise. I do laundry EVERY day at home, so 1 day on a 7night cruise was not bad at all! :teeth:

The laundry is almost empty after 11pm. Put your laundry in the washer....head to the cinema........nip out for 2mins to put laundry in drier and return to movie. No probs. :thumbsup2

What does a wash load cost? What does a dry load cost? Does it take more than one cycle to dry? Is laundry detergent available for purchase? (I'd like to know how many quarters to bring.) Thanks.

I don't know if it's changed, but it was $1 to wash and $1 to dry, but I think it took 2 cycles to dry. So $10 of quarters was fine for 3 loads. I took my own soap, but believe they had machines to sell it there.

We were in 7604, only once had to wait for a washer. Crew said the worst day to do laundry on board is on Thursday, that is the busiest day.

DW is very fussy about our clothes, we have sent out clothes before on ships (not disney), and while they were washed fine, they weren't washed to her liking, so she prefers to do it herself.

i too am picky and i will be doing the laundry myself, we are limiting what we take on ship but we will be in florida most of the month, but i do not plan to take many outfits as we can wash and we also like to shop while we are there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter