Laundry at the POR

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by gigi from canada, Nov 20, 2012.

1. gigi from canada

gigi from canada Earning My Ears

Wondering if anyone has done a load of laundry in the Mansions? Enough washers? Clean? Change machine?

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. nkereina

nkereina Last chance to lose your keys.

Yes Yes and Yes, although the change machine was out of order and I have read that is a frequent occasion. I'd recommend bringing change with you from home so you don't need to truck to the front desk to get change if it happens to you. Many people use those M&M containers to put quarters in but I just brought mine in a ziplock bag. I also used the Purex 3-in-1 laundry sheets so I didn't have to buy detergent or dryer sheets. Worked well. I don't imagine that a wait is much of an issue ever, but I did do laundry in the middle of the day in September when crowds are low.

4. catherines_mama

catherines_mama DIS Veteran

its right next to the quiet pool and super simple. :) Have a great vacation.

5. Sue M

Sue M DIS Veteran

Yes! I just put a load(s) in, and have a swim in the pool. I bring my own detergent, either Purex sheets that have both detergent and fab softener in them, or those new pods. Just put them in a zip lock in your luggage. You will need Quarters. I believe there is a change machine.
    Like everything else Disney, they are clean and well maintained.

6. ready to relax

ready to relax Mouseketeer

purex sheets are awesome...no worry about spilling or forgetting!

7. 3pletprincesses

3pletprincesses DIS Veteran

It's nice to have laundry rooms at the quiet pools. It makes it for a not so busy laundry area. We too use purex sheets. they are the best when travelling.

8. osu2k1

osu2k1 Disneyland Veteran | Disneyworld Newbie

I am planning on doing 1 load while we are there. I am bringing my Tide Pods in a ziploc. How much does it cost to do a wash & dry? That way I have the change in the baggie. :) Thanks!!!

9. Paradise18

Paradise18 DIS Veteran

$2 per load to wash and $2 to dry.

10. osu2k1

osu2k1 Disneyland Veteran | Disneyworld Newbie

Thanks!