Latest on Teen Beach near Serenity Bay

can't the crew go to the opposite side of the island? isn't there cottages there etc.?

There is no beach on that side of the island. DCL actually brings in sand for the beaches and created the swimming areas.

I guess we all hear different things from crew members. My last cruise in Sept. a senior officer said that the SB BBQ was to open early for the teens and the teens would have an area to eat on their beach. After the teens get their food the BBQ would be opened for the adults. Teens would not be allowed back in the BBQ area after its opened for the adults.

I agree that the teens are on the cruise too and need a beach area - we all need to share CC.

Correct me if I'm wrong...I thought that the teens HAD a beach closer to the Family beach but now it's been moved to the SB area. I too agree that the teens need a beach...I disagree that it will be directly next to an adults only beach that has been advertised as SERENITY Beach. Teens and serenity do not go together...IMHO.

They do. It's called the Family Beach. How soon before we have a Tween Beach too?

I agree with over50visits. Serenity and Teens are mutually exclusive.

I want a me only beach. I'll go way down the SB area, like way down, like so far down, the servers will need an ATV to get to me. See the attached proposal!

Outside of the bathroom and BBQ parts, I guess I'm not seeing the issue with the beach. Maybe it's because we already go down quite a ways, or my spatial memory is naff, but I don't think the teen area will be too close.

my son is 16 this trip do they still make them wear that band around their arm? Last time we went he was 10.

Personally I think the teens are in every way allowed their 'space' at SB. After all, it is their cruise too! There is minimal stuff for older teens to do as it is and anyway I sure wouldn't begrudge them this!! I have been at SB when a large group of 'adult' were noise makers galore, and obnoxious to the hilt. I would be glad seeing the teens having fun, playing beach volley ball etc. I hope they have a blast after all CC is for ALL ages.
When they start paying their cruise fare then they are entitled to their own exclusive beach. Until then, they can share family beach just fine!!!!

They do. It's called the Family Beach. How soon before we have a Tween Beach too?

I agree with over50visits. Serenity and Teens are mutually exclusive.
EXACTLY!!!!

This is a very bad idea. Way too close to SB!! And the idea of sharing the bbq-- or the teens having certain hours for it is terrible. Teens Do NOT listen to instructions nor follow them... ( I have two,whom i love dearly, who would NOT plan ahead their hunger) i would rather go to family beach with my own kids, than an adult beach with other people's kids! I just booked an adult only cruise and was already thinking that DCL without kids was a dumb idea. This has spurred me on to spend more time researching beach resorts instead.

The bands are only in Oceaneer's Club/Lab. For Edge and Vibe, there's a sticker on the KTTW card.

Last time we were on the Dream, Vibe actually issued a new card with the Vibe logo on it to our daughter. Our son was in Edge and got a sticker on his card.

I just booked an adult only cruise and was already thinking that DCL without kids was a dumb idea. This has spurred me on to spend more time researching beach resorts instead.

Adult-only DCL cruises are the norm for us, and we wouldn't have it any other way. We get to be kids while doing adult things in adult areas too. Best of both worlds.

Adult-only DCL cruises are the norm for us, and we wouldn't have it any other way. We get to be kids while doing adult things in adult areas too. Best of both worlds.
That is great to hear. I would love to hear more about this sometime. I have done searches and not found many specifics ofr adult only.

Here's my concern. How would they set up SB BBQ in time for lunch at 11:30? The earliest I've gotten to SB has been around 9:30. Beach days make me hungry and I'll be one upset camper if I can't eat at the nearest BBQ b/c it's closed off for kids! I'm sorry but hordes of teens walking past early morning for lunch screams disaster. Teens sitting around after I've eaten lunch and trying to take a nap screams disaster!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter