Latest Info on Taxi to Coral World

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by bobbi565, Oct 29, 2012.

1. bobbi565

bobbi565 DIS Veteran

I want to book the turtle encounter at Coral World on our own. Can somebody tell me how easy it is to get a taxi there and back and what the cost round trip for a family of three would be? I've searched the forum, and most of the info is pretty old.

Thanks!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. bobbi565

bobbi565 DIS Veteran

Can anyone help me out with this info?

4. cinmouse

cinmouse Mouseketeer

We went to Coral World in 2011 when we spent a week @ The Marriott Frenchman''s Reef..the cab for 4 was about $50 each way...on the way we got dropped off @ the downtown..just know coral world is small..we got here @ 11 & all the encounters were sold out.
    Also traffic is horriable in St.Thomas

5. kcashner

kcashner DIS Veteran

There are plenty of taxis available at the port and at Coral World...and don't forget that you can enjoy COki Beach as well (right across the parking lot from Coral World). If there is not a taxi waiting at CW, the people in the gift shop will be happy to call one for you. I believe that we paid $5 per person each way.

Also, check the Coral World web site and the tourist magazine at the port--there are sometimes discount admission coupons available.

6. bobbi565

bobbi565 DIS Veteran

Thanks for the info! I'm a little confused, though. cinmouse paid $100 round trip while kcashner would have paid $40 for the same round trip ride. I guess you need to practice "buyer beware" when engaging a cab in St. Thomas.

We were planning on booking the Turtle Encounter in advance, so we won't have to worry about the attraction being sold out, but thanks for the tip.

7. TXDCLfan

TXDCLfan Other cruise lines did it first, Disney did it rig

We paid more like 9-10 bucks per person each way.