Later arrival and dinner??? (m)

Discussion in 'Disney for Families' started by gailpet, Sep 14, 2012.

1. gailpet

gailpet Earning My Ears

My DH and I will be coming to Pop Century next month with our 5 & 7 year olds. Our flight doesn't get in until 8:08 p.m. and I'm not sure how long it will take to get to the hotel.

Would you suggest that we grab a bit to eat at the airport before we head to the hotel? Or maybe grab a snack there and hope to get there in time to have something more substantial at the food court? I'm thinking it closes by 11 p.m. so I'm a bit concerned we'll get to the hotel and then not have any options for food.

Our flight leaves MSP at 4 p.m. so we won't get dinner before our flight and I'm sure we won't eat on the plane either.

Thanks!

2. disneymomjcs

disneymomjcs DIS Veteran

You should allow 1 1/2 hours. Time to get off plane and catch Magical Express and it may stop at other resorts. If your renting a car maybe an hour. It might be best to grab chick fila or something at the airport and the kids will be full. Nothing like having two overly excited, tired and starving kids to start off vacation. :rotfl2:

That way you can check and get to your room and get settled. If not they may fall asleep without eating.

3. maxiesmom

maxiesmom The Mean Squinty Eye Works

You can always pack food and eat it on the plane. Many people bring food, or buy something in the airport to eat on the airplane. You can bring sandwiches thru security, as long as the condiments are already on them. Don't try to bring packets of mustard on, unless you have them in your 3-1-1 bag.

4. jtopp

jtopp driving the monorail in my dreams

enjoy a quick meal at the airport, then go to the resort. That late, the kids may be so tired (and overwhelmed) that they may just hang out at the pool or go to sleep. If needed, you can always get a snack at the resort before going to bed. Enjoy your trip!