Late Fall/Winter Resort Activities

simba34

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone! I've been lurking for a few weeks but this is my first time posting. We booked the Wilderness Lodge for November 30-December 6. However, we are still contemplating Caribbean Beach Resort and Animal Kingdom Lodge. We stayed at AKL last summer and absolutely loved it! With that being said, we would also like to try out different resorts. At AKL we really enjoyed all of the resort activities (pool games, night vision goggles, evening campfire with marshmallows, parade, etc). Do the resorts have these type of activities during the late fall/winter months (namely end of November to December)? If so, I'd love to hear others' experiences with these activities during these months.

Thanks!

Bump..hoping someone in the daytime crew may be able to provide some info.

We'll be at the WL lodge the same time as you are. :goodvibes We stayed there for the first time in February and loved it. We are looking forward to being there when it is all decorated for Christmas. And we plan to visit the AKL to check it out while we are there. ;)

The WL has pool parties and movies on the beach. They also have campfires with marshmallows roasts. :) The one thing that is unique to WL is an architectural tour given on select days at 9 am. There is a nature trail and trail to Ft. Wilderness.

One of the best parts about staying at the WL is the boats. There are two boats, one directly to MK and one that travels between the Contemporary and Fort Wilderness. The boat to the Contemporary is great for ADR's at the monorail resorts. The boat to Ft. Wilderness is great for going over there for their many activities, including horseback riding, Chip & Dale Sing Along, and archery, to name a few. People in the campsites will decorate for Christmas and it is supposed to be pretty good. We are going to try and get over there for that. They might have sleigh rides, too.

You can find out more about the Wilderness Lodge on the facts thread.

Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE and VILLAS Information Thread ~2012~

:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter