Late breakfast ADR 1900PF and Ohana

tjknitz

DIS Veteran
I have never indulged in breakfast at these restaurants and for my upcoming trip we decided we would give them a try. For 1900PF we planned on sleeping in a little (meaning we are not attempting RD) and our ADR is scheduled for 10:05am.
Ohana breakfast is on our checkout day and scheduled for 10:50am.

My concern with these times is mainly the quality of the food and character interaction. Ohana stops serving breakfast at 11am - does this mean we are going to be rushed through our meal, no character interaction and cold food? Has anyone had any experiance with an Ohana late breakfast reservation?

For 1900PF my concern is that by arriving late for breakfast we are going to get bombarded with a breakfast crowd and again - poor service/character interaction and cold food.

In the past, if we did a character meal for breakfast, we always scheduled it before park opening (the first few reservations of the morning). This is our first time doing late breakfasts and just wondering what everyone's experience with them are.

Thanks all!

Quick Side Note: My 1900PF day I plan on going to EP in the afternoon. If I have an ADR at 10:05am and my first FP+ reservation is between 12:50-1:50 do you think I am going to have an issue making that? We are taking park bus to MK, monorail to GF then monorail to EP.

MY Ohana day I plan on going to MK in the afternoon before heading out. If I have an ADR at 10:50am and my first FP+ reservation is between 1:40pm-2:40pm do you think I am going to have an issue making that one? Since we are leaving on this day, we plan on driving to TTC and taking monorail to GF then monorail to MK.

Last edited:
We have found that food and character interaction will not suffer due to a late ADR. They will continue to bring out fresh, hot food until you are done and they will make sure everyone has seen all characters at least once before removing them.

Ohana we have never has a problem with and your FP+ is probably fine. 1900 we ALWAYS have had long waits to get seated if we did not have an early ADR. But I think you should be ok unless there is an extended wait for seating or monorail or bag check etc...but you should be ok time wise on a typical day, even if you have to wait a bit to be seated.

Our best character interaction experiences have been with very late ADRs. Once things start slowing down and clearing out, the characters seem to relax and slow down, that's when the fun happens :) Food quality/quantity has never been an issue at all, even at the very end.

Not sure 10am is really "late" though, that's almost prime time for character breakfasts. Good chance of having a significant wait past your ADR at that time, depending on how things are going.

We typically eat late character breakfasts and have never had issues with cold/old food. There was one time at 'Ohana that they said they weren't making any more Mickey waffles when we asked for second helpings, but they offered other things. Characters remain until everyone has seen them.

I think you will be okay with FP timing. Though waits to be seated are typical at both restaurants, you have a decent cushion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter