Late August: Crowds/Weather/Discounts

HJL413

Mouseketeer
DW said yes to my idea of a late August trip before our kids are back in school. Looking for crowd/weather/discount information. We are looking at 8/29 - 9/5 as likely dates. Thanks

We go that same time every year. Crowds are extremely manageable and free dining has been offered each of the last two years. As far as weather, prepare to sweat - 95 and humid, with about a 1-hour thundershower is the likely forecast for each day.

Also remember that time period is hurricane season.

DW said yes to my idea of a late August trip before our kids are back in school. Looking for crowd/weather/discount information. We are looking at 8/29 - 9/5 as likely dates. Thanks
Mr. Morrow is correct...the weather here is extremely humid and we are just coming out of peak hurricane season. The chances of major storms is there but hopefully they will not be a serious threat.

My family goes late August every year as well. The crowds are very manageable, the afternoon thunderstorms is great everything cools down. the weather is very hot!! but take a break during the middle of your day and go back to the resort for a swim. but definetely go for it.

August in FL = HOT....HOT...HUMID...and HOT!!!!

We last were at WDW in Aug of 00 and I was NEVER hotter in my life!!!!
It was the humidity that killed me, sure it rains but all that does is make it more HUMID!!!! :scared1:

Enjoy yourself and have fun whatever you decide!!!

We go every year the last 2 weeks of August

Weather - HOT

Crowds - Manageable after the 2nd week of August, but with Free Dining starting on the 16th will probably be more crowded than usual!

Discounts - Free dining starts on the 16th, the 7 for 4 deal rund through the 15th. That's more than you usually get for August unless you get a pin code!

HTH!

We haven't tried going on a trip during August. As far as I know, it's probably hot during that month but crowd is manageable, some of my friends did a trip last year and it's wonderful, they enjoy it.

Have a nice and fun planning in your trip. :)

We haven't tried going on a trip during August. As far as I know, it's probably hot during that month but crowd is manageable, some of my friends did a trip last year and it's wonderful, they enjoy it.

Have a nice and fun planning in your trip. :)
We take our summer Disney vacation almost every year in August. We have been doing so for the last 12 yrs. Yes it is hot ,humid,and sticky but we seem to keep going back every year! The crowds are managable, the afternoon is usually when you get a pretty good rain storm and it cools things down. The way we go is: up early and spend from the time of entry to noon in which ever park we choose try to do all we can and then head back to the hotel either for a nap or swim or both.

We squeezed in a trip at the end of August/early Sept just before school started. We got free dining :banana: but the heat is not for wimps ;) It is HOT. If you don't mind the heat - go for it! A great bonus of free dining is that you'll be more likely to spend lots of time in the AC while eating!

We squeezed in a trip at the end of August/early Sept just before school started. We got free dining :banana: but the heat is not for wimps ;) It is HOT. If you don't mind the heat - go for it! A great bonus of free dining is that you'll be more likely to spend lots of time in the AC while eating!

I think I need some guidance. I am not familiar with free dining or pin codes please tell me where to start. Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter