Late arrival- should I worry about room?

peaches0313

DIS Veteran
So the past two trips to Disney we have arrived in the morning. This time our flight arrives 6:30 pm into Orlando during busy spring break/ Easter, so I'm guessing maybe get to resort by around 8 pm if all goes well w/ ME etc. Is this going to hurt me with getting a good room? Would it help if I do the "bypass online check-in" day of, which I did last time and they almost immediately texted me w/ a room number. If I do that, doesn't that still mean another guest arriving before me can request my room? Not looking for anything super special... was requesting Fiji (or a building near Fiji) and a balcony... Thanks!

One time, we had a very late arrival due to air travel delays. We didn't get to YC until just before midnight.
We had booked a standard CL room and were actually upgraded to a Lagoon View CL room. So, I wouldn't say that the late arrival hurt our room choices. :)

I agree with Mousemommy1. We had a late arrival at Boardwalk once and they were out of the Water View rooms which we requested. So we got upgraded to a 2 bedroom suite. Awesome upgrade. Not saying this will happen but i think the likelihood goes up if you arrive late. *pixie dust*

Ooh so now the question is (because we too are arriving late - probably 9 pm or so) do I tell them we will be late or leave it up to chance? Last time we were late it was because of our flight and we didn't get to our hotel until 1 AM (it was awful) and they put us next to the elevator and we had a very hard time sleeping because of some sort of knocking sound in the elevator shaft.

So the past two trips to Disney we have arrived in the morning. This time our flight arrives 6:30 pm into Orlando during busy spring break/ Easter, so I'm guessing maybe get to resort by around 8 pm if all goes well w/ ME etc. Is this going to hurt me with getting a good room? Would it help if I do the "bypass online check-in" day of, which I did last time and they almost immediately texted me w/ a room number. If I do that, doesn't that still mean another guest arriving before me can request my room? Not looking for anything super special... was requesting Fiji (or a building near Fiji) and a balcony... Thanks!

We've arrived all times of day from early morning to late at night and have never been given a bad room. On one of our trips we arrived at the Poly around 1:00 am and had 2 out of our 3 requests met, with the 3rd being met if we wanted to change rooms the next day. So, in our experience, arrival time at the resort has had no bearing on what room we received.

If you're room is really that bad, you can always change it the following day. But don't wait until the morning to talk with someone. As soon as you check out your room, and realize you need to move, go down to the front desk and speak with someone immediately, to see what the possibilities are for the following day.

The downside to this is that you will have to check out by 11am and you may not get your room until later in the afternoon.

We arrived at WL after midnight on our trip in July, and I was a little worried about what room we'd end up with, but we got what we wanted! Gorgeous view (I'd requested inner courtyard with a lake view) and 5th floor, just like we'd asked for. My other request was close to elevator, and while we weren't as close as we were the previous year, it wasn't far at all. So for us, we had no issues.

Good luck and have an amazing trip!!

I can't think of this having been an issue in our past trips

We got to WL at 1am due to a delayed flight one year and we were told we were upgraded to a courtyard view. It was a great room with a beautiful view of the pool and lake.

We've never managed to arrive before around 4pm, and we've always had our requests met.
I don't know how this new "text the room number" thing works with other people potentially complaining and requesting a new room. I guess I'll see what happens in a week.
I do think that since they now have more options as far as room requests with online check-in goes, it's probably less likely that people aren't already accommodated with their requests. Also, since they request arrival times, they probably have a better system for assigning rooms in general.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter