Last week of Sept or 3rd week of Oct?

Suzanne74

DIS Veteran
Trying to decide between these 2 weeks. 9 year old is off one day those weeks so she will only miss 4 days of school. It seems like I would still have Food/Wine and MNSSHP options for either dates. Are there any other events, or crowd/weather differences that would make you lean towards one week over the other?

Going with husband and 2yr old (first trip) and 9 year old (6th trip!)

The only difference I know off the top of my head is the chances for cooler weather the third week of October....September is still pretty hot.

I was choosing between those exact 2 weeks. I chose October because we went Sept last year, and it was entirely too hot. WAAAAAAAAAAAY too hot.

The 3rd week of October, however, is at this point blacked out from all the current discounts and PINs. I don't know why, but I do know that there is a HUGE convention booked down there that same week. Apparently it's super big.

Good luck!
Deb

I havent done October, but I have done September. We went last year, and will be traveling there again this year. We loved the weather and especially the emptiness of the parks. DH's family has gone in October and said that from Friday-Mondays in October crowd levels pick up from the Food and Wine festival. My vote would be for September only because with a little one (2) the less lines you have to wait on the better!

We just booked with the same questions you have. Our Disney PIN offered those same weeks, and our kids have off one day end of Sept. We originally booked that date. Then I read a bit more about it, and found that it's peak hurricane season, temps still in the 90's, and - the clincher for us - lovebug season. Some folks aren't bothered by them, but we were there for them one year and had to leave AK due to a swarm of them. I called to switch to the third week in October, but the Polynesian is sold out of the discounted rooms that week. We ended up booking 11/12-11/20, our third option with the PIN. Our kids will end up missing 5 days instead of 4, which I'm not crazy about, but I think we'll have a better trip in Nov. than Sept. Good luck choosing.

Does anyone know what convention it is?

Also, I just realized it is more expensive in October than September. I haven't crunched the numbers yet but it didn't look to be a massive difference for 6 days.

Does anyone know what convention it is?

The only big convention I know would be the Gartner IT Symposium. I think that's the 3rd week of October every year. I think the convention is 6000 - 9000 people ... not sure if that's considered big. They always get big keynote speakers. It's basically for CIOs and other IT big shots.

I was down during that week in 2009 and I think the speakers inlcuded the CEOs of HP and Google. I can also tell you that the convention never had a noticible impact. If you didn't go into the Swolphin, you would never even know the convention was going on.

If there's another big convention I don't know about it ... and I'm already booked for October 15-22 and sticking to that week

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter