Last week of March??

abby

Abby's Mom
Our spring vacation is the last week of March. How are the weather and the crowds in San Deigo. We have been twice in early May and it was great. I am looking at doing sea world, legoland and the zoo. ( :Pinkbounc :banana: maybe the wild animal park.)

San Diego at that time of year is usually cloudy and kinda chilly. It also rained a lot that time this year.

My experience in San Diego has been quite rainy in February and into March, but often very nice and getting warm in LATE March. :sunny:

"Late night and early morning low clouds and fog along the coast, clearing in the afternoon."

Or thus says the weather man just about every day... :-)

It CAN rain a lot in March, but it's usually early in the month. It very rarely rains all day - usually just for a few hours and then it moves through. For temperatures, it's usually going to be in the mid-to-upper 60s in March along the coast, and down in the low 50s at night. It CAN get into the high 70s-low 80s if we get the right weather conditions.

That should be a great time for the Wild Animal Park, though - it's warmer inland, and it's often too hot out there to be comfortable from May on.

Sea World is likely to be chilly since it's right on the water - make sure you bring a jacket. Even if it's sunny, the onshore flow can bring the clouds in quickly, and cool it off VERY fast!

Laura

Thanks, we have been in May and loved it, but I have also been in January and it wasn't so great. Now that my dd is in school I am feeling limited by school vacations and I hate summer crowds. Will Sea world be crowded that week, or are the locals in school?

Most schools in So Cal (but not all!) have spring break the week before or week after Easter, which is on April 8 next year, so you *should* be ok the last week of March. But Sea World will probably still be on its "winter hours" schedule at that point, so it won't be open as long or have as many shows scheduled throughout the day.

Laura

Ok I've decided spring break, now my issues are 5 nights or 6 and do I book now or wait and hope the price goes down? Keeping in mind it is one of the busiest times for our airport, maybe I should just get it over with and book now? :rotfl: :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter