Last thing you do before leave WDW to go back home!

The night before we leave we spend it shopping on Main Street and end with a picture in front of the castle at night. The last day usually is at EPCOT because we stay in that area. We love its food and shopping.

We hate to leave.

The last thing I do is watch wishes on Main Street USA... As I walk to the exit I tear up and take one last look at the castle all light up!!! I tell myself don't cry I will be back real soon or try to at least!!! Leaving Disney is the worst!!!

Always book a character breakfast, usually Crystal Palace, and spend our last day at MK taking it slow and repeating all our favs.
We leave as soon as we check out, so I run around the resort taking all the last minute pictures I haven't taken all week. :rolleyes1 Take one last stroll through the gift shop making sure I have one of everything....then cry.

We always go to MK on the day we leave. We soak up as much of the magic as we can until it is time to go. When it is time to go I have to take a long look at the castle and the waterworks begin lol

We always take a picture in front of the door to our room; w/room number showing in the pic.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using DISBoards

+1 on Earl of Sandwich, since our flight is always late afternoon and we have a rental care, we hit up DTD and head to EOS early. If there is enough time we will shop some more and then head to the airport.

We do the same thing at the very end of each trip. After packing up the car we drive over to the Poly. We walk the beach one last time looking at the castle in the distance. Then we take one last trip around the monorail. It's always sad when the spiel says "if this concludes your visit to the Walt Disney World resort we hope you had a magical time and return home safely", or something like that. Then we throw change in the fountain in the lobby of the Poly, wishing to return to WDW soon, and then it's the long drive home!

The worst part of that day for me is seeing all the guests just arriving to start their trip as we are leaving. Always makes me want to cry.

The worst part of that day for me is seeing all the guests just arriving to start their trip as we are leaving. Always makes me want to cry.

Yea that stings, we split stays and want to yell to them we are just moving not leaving...:rotfl:

You have really tested a lot of resorts I see.

Without a heavy emphasis on cost, could you rank your favorite resorts?

We always use our leftover snack credits to buy Mickey head rice crispy treats. We always eat them for desert a few days later while reminisce about our trip and start planning the next one.:)

Yea that stings, we split stays and want to yell to them we are just moving not leaving...:rotfl:

You have really tested a lot of resorts I see.

Without a heavy emphasis on cost, could you rank your favorite resorts?

We do a lot of split stays, hence the reason we've tried so many resorts. We are trying to stay at them all one day, but have so many favorites we keep repeating that its taking a while to get them all done. LOL. I'll break our favorites down by resort level.

Value Resort:
We have always loved Movies because my kiddos LOVED Toy Story for many, many years and they loved staying there. We have yet to try AOA, and I'm guessing that will be our new favorite value. However, I must say we are pretty much done with the values at this time. With our kids getting older, and bigger, we prefer larger rooms, and nicer resorts.

Moderate Resort:
We have done them all and the only one we miss and really want to go back to is CBR. We just love the tropical feel there. We would love to be able to stay at the Poly or BC/YC for all our summer vacays, but sometimes it's just not in the cards and CBR is always our back up summer resort when we can't go deluxe for the whole trip.

Deluxe Resort:
Here is where we have several favorites. Our number one, most favorite resort in all of WDW is, hands down, Wilderness Lodge. It just feels like home. We stay there a lot, and always look forward to our trips there. However, in the summer months we prefer a resort that feels like summer. So our second favorite resort is a tie between Poly and BC/YC. We like both BC/YC, but I like YC just a tiny bit more for some reason.

My kids, ages 11 and 13, love WL and CBR the best. If the choice was up to them they would always pick one of those two, and we would never stay any place else. Looking at how many times we've stayed at those two resorts it's easy to see how often my kids get their way. LOL.

I planned breakfast at Kona Cafe this year before we start the trip back home. Maybe it will become our departure tradition - this will be our first time this year as I've never experienced the infamous Tonga Toast & Kona coffee everyone at DIS speaks so highly of :-)

That is what we are doing on our last day too! I can't wait to try the Tonga Toast!! We then have time to go to MK for a few hours and hit a few favorite rides and one last picture in front of the castle.

We do a lot of split stays, hence the reason we've tried so many resorts. We are trying to stay at them all one day, but have so many favorites we keep repeating that its taking a while to get them all done. LOL. I'll break our favorites down by resort level.

Value Resort:
We have always loved Movies because my kiddos LOVED Toy Story for many, many years and they loved staying there. We have yet to try AOA, and I'm guessing that will be our new favorite value. However, I must say we are pretty much done with the values at this time. With our kids getting older, and bigger, we prefer larger rooms, and nicer resorts.

Moderate Resort:
We have done them all and the only one we miss and really want to go back to is CBR. We just love the tropical feel there. We would love to be able to stay at the Poly or BC/YC for all our summer vacays, but sometimes it's just not in the cards and CBR is always our back up summer resort when we can't go deluxe for the whole trip.

Deluxe Resort:
Here is where we have several favorites. Our number one, most favorite resort in all of WDW is, hands down, Wilderness Lodge. It just feels like home. We stay there a lot, and always look forward to our trips there. However, in the summer months we prefer a resort that feels like summer. So our second favorite resort is a tie between Poly and BC/YC. We like both BC/YC, but I like YC just a tiny bit more for some reason.

My kids, ages 11 and 13, love WL and CBR the best. If the choice was up to them they would always pick one of those two, and we would never stay any place else. Looking at how many times we've stayed at those two resorts it's easy to see how often my kids get their way. LOL.

value for us -- the art of animation

moderate --POFQ -love the quiet laid back areas

deluxe-- love BC for the pool / but love Animal Kingdom for the kids / but love WL during the Holidays hard to pick a 100% favorite !!:confused3

We always end our trip with Magic Kingdom. So before we exit the park, we stop at the confectionery and buy a huge cookie and eat it while we gaze at the castle. Then, next morning before we leave our resort, we eat breakfast in the resort food court - I always get a Mickey waffle!

Well we have only been one time but plan on a trip next year with extra family in tow.

Our last day was filled with the excitement of MK. We rode all the rides we liked and grabbed a bite to eat. I personally was having an internal struggle of keeping the " I'm having a grand time" vs " I can't believe its over already" mentality.

Our last thing we did and vowed we would continue each time would be to ride the train one last time completely around the park. As we make the final stop back at Main St we take a pic of the train station clock showing the castle in the background but also showing the final time before walking out the gates.

I so can't wait to go back.

We do the same thing at the very end of each trip. After packing up the car we drive over to the Poly. We walk the beach one last time looking at the castle in the distance. Then we take one last trip around the monorail. It's always sad when the spiel says "if this concludes your visit to the Walt Disney World resort we hope you had a magical time and return home safely", or something like that. Then we throw change in the fountain in the lobby of the Poly, wishing to return to WDW soon, and then it's the long drive home!

Oh that's the worse! Seeing people arrive while you leave! Oh NO!!!!!

Last time we ended at AK, and it didn't really suit my liking. This time we will be ending at MK, and driving back home with thoughts of the castle and main st in our heads. We just ended our beach trip, and I couldn't be more excited, because now we get to look forward to WDW!

Technically, the last thing we do is go back to the resort to pick up our luggage and get on the Magical Express. Usually we have about an hour before the bus leaves, and we sit by the pool and have a drink and talk about our fave parts of the trip.

The "last thing" we do in terms of fun is go to MK, get a dole whip and watch the 3pm parade. Usually after that, its time to walk down Main St, turn and say bye to the castle and head out. No matter what park we go to for RD on our last day, we head to MK for our last park of the trip.

Last minute shopping and lunch at DTD.

Then gas up the car and head North (although we've technically already left at that point).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!