Last thing you do before leave WDW to go back home!

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by hardrock01, Jun 8, 2013.

1. hardrock01

hardrock01 Mouseketeer

Other than pack and get on the shuttle of course!!

we like to get a last minute Dole whip and walk slowly down main street looking back at the castle and get a tiny bit sentimental !!! Then get that last photo with castle in background !!!:cool1:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Miss Monorail 1971

Miss Monorail 1971 Please Stand Clear of the Door

4. kellyg403

kellyg403 <font color=green>She changes friends like she cha

On the last day, we enjoy trying to get all our shopping in..this includes several parks! We get ph primarily for the last day. Our last ride is always BTMRR.

And like another poster, as we are leaving the gates, a big sigh and a tear or two.

Kelly

5. nhtinkerbell

nhtinkerbell Mouseketeer

I always cry and figure out if there is a way that i can stay just a little bit longer.

6. msmileyface

msmileyface Mouseketeer

If possible, I like to end with a late night at MK and take a picture with one of the main street clocks on the way out. It has just happened that for last trip and this one there is a night EMH scheduled there our last day.

7. Lady Di

Lady Di Earning My Ears

We always watch Illuminations at Epcot on our last night.Always makes me hate to leave but then I start planning my next trip.

8. hardrock01

hardrock01 Mouseketeer

ahhh yes my wife must also hit all the stores on the way out down Main Street as well!!!!

9. CuteAsMinnie

CuteAsMinnie DIS Veteran

Share hugs and tears :cloud9:

10. dansamy

dansamy DIS Veteran

Lunch at Earl of Sandwich

11. chris1013

chris1013 Mouseketeer

The last couple times I have gone, my final moments have been last minute shopping at DTD. My bags are packed so I know how much room I have to squeeze in a few more souvenirs. :)

12. LisaTC

LisaTC DIS Veteran

MK return happens on the last day. We love ending at MK. Ride the things we love and hit the shops and photo on the way out! Planning is already in my head for a return...

13. married2mm

married2mm DIS Veteran

Use up our snack credits.
    Count how long til next time.
    And cry :sad:

14. JCornell

JCornell Mouseketeer

One of our favorite resorts is POR so last day is often a boat ride to DTD, some walking around, shopping, and lunch at Earl of Sandwich. If we're on the dining plan, we also use up the leftover snack credits at Goofy's.

15. hardrock01

hardrock01 Mouseketeer

wow 2 posters do Earl of sandwich, I have never been , I may have to try it next time!!

16. 999DoomBuggies

999DoomBuggies Mouseketeer

I always have to promise the wife and kids not to off myself (joking...sort of). Leaving is terribly depressing so the last thing I do is convince myself I have a lot to do back home and must go now.

17. Howgreat

Howgreat Mouseketeer

Go to MK, ride a couple of rides, and then walk back down Main Street, looking back at the castle every 2 seconds. :( Then, we head to DTD, shop for a few minutes, eat and finally leave. We drag it way out on the last day, especially considering we drive 12 hours straight through to home.

18. 2manypets

2manypets DIS Veteran

The last full day we stop by all 4 parks and pick up any merchandise we really wanted and didn't get. Also we ride any rides we missed or want to do over.

At night we go to an early dinner at a fancy restaurant (this year it's Todd English's Bluezoo) and then head to DTD to do some late night shopping.

The morning of we leave pretty early, so we just have breakfast anywhere and go.

19. skiptomypooh

skiptomypooh Disney Daughter, Disney Mom, Disney Fan forever!

Such great ideas!

Several years ago someone on the boards suggested having a character meal on the last day to 'say goodbye' to the characters. At the time my kids were three and brand new. Now, 10 years later, my teen boy is putting in his opinion about where we'll be dining - just assuming that it's happening. It gives them (all of us) something to look forward to on the last day.

After that, since we live in the Boston area, it depends on how we're getting home: flying, driving or car train. If we have time before we go, and park days left on our ticket, we hit MK and ride Buzz and TTA a few times, pick up a few souvenirs and take a parting picture, often waving at the castle or the kids pretending to cry.

Luckily, we usually have a date within the year when we'll be returning, so we can look forward to that. :dance3:

This is making me start the real countdown - less than a month. Better check my plan ...

-Skip

20. Polybound

Polybound Earning My Ears

Go to the MK for one last 1/2 day morning, take the monorail back to our resort and then swear; "&%#@, it's time to go home".

21. NHLFAN

NHLFAN Disney Dreamer

On the way to the airport we stop by DTD to stroll around and catch lunch at Earl of Sandwich or Pollo Campero.