Last minute trip in May? or wait til October?

Fall1

DIS Veteran
We have a planned trip in October that we are definitely going on. DH REALLY wants to go again now, before our kids turn 3. I looked into a cheapish trip in May and he wants to book.

Should we be smart and wait til October or go in May and go twice?!?!

Go for it!! If my DH said let's go tomorrow even though we are still going in aug I would be up til 4 just so we could go!!!!

Have a blast!!

GO TWICE!!:thumbsup2

May is a good time to go as long as it's not over Memorial Day weekend. Crowds are generally low and it's still bearable. And, if the kids are still FREE, go go go!! You'll be surprised how fast the years go after that and when they hit 10, that's it, it gets much MORE expensive!!!

We did this in 2008 (except it was April and November). Never regretted it!

We almost didn't do it because I thought I wouldn't enjoy the 2nd trip as much, but I did! However, we went by ourselves in April and with family in November so I suppose that may have made a difference. They were very different trips.

I remember not being as excited (or even looking forward to) the November trip. I may have cancelled it if we weren't committed to going with other people. I'm just that way, though. I always come back from a trip thinking "That was great, but we can skip it next year and go back every other year." Here I am, trying to squeeze in a trip this year even though we just went less than 5 months ago!

So, GO! And if you come back and think you don't want to go back so soon, don't worry, it will still be fun....JUST GO! I also agree that you should go as much as you can while it's "cheap". We have one Disney adult and it has gotten much more expensive. Having 2 may make us skip WDW for awhile - unless there is still free dining - but that's a whole other thread!!

We went last year in May and October and loved both times! We thought they were different since it was the Flower and Garden festival in May and Food and Wine in October, plus MNSSHP. The weather was wonderful both times. If you can do it, then I say go for it.

I have been thinking about this too, except it's like do a super budget trip this summer when DD is still free or next year when we have more money, but she won't be free. Unfortunately, since DH is still only working part time, the decision is made for us.

I say if you can afford it go both times. Otherwise if you can only afford one trip this year, I think May would be better, since the kids are still free. How many kids under 3 do you have? If it's more than 1, that would make a stronger case for going in May.

Have fun!

i'm doing exactly that - DD and i leave for wdw on may 1st, then DH and i are going in oct.
i'm still debating squeezing in an extra trip in august.....:)

buy ap's, and do both:thumbsup2

Go twice!!! We are going in October and we just decided to add a more budget-friendly trip in June :banana::banana:.

If you decide to go twice, look into Annual Passes. Then you could do another trip and already have the tickets covered.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter