Last Minute Trip - Advice, Discounts?

Zombie

Mouseketeer
So we've got yourself in a situation where we're booking a last minute trip. I know that some people are going be really anti-that idea. No touring plan, no ADR. We're OK with that.

What we're wondering is if there's somewhere where we might get some sort of discount with booking last minute?

Right now we're looking at about 4-6 weeks out from when we would be going. But we also won't likely be booking for another week or two. Really -- we might more realistically be booking about two weeks before out departure.

We've got a health issue in our party so that's why we've been putting things off.

We'd prefer to stay on resort-- preferably a moderate.

Any advice on last minute trips or if there's some way to get a bit of a discount from sell-off rooms or flights or sites that are good for that sort of thing, it'd be much appreciated.

Right now, our impression is such things don't exist when it comes to staying on Disney. That we might do better with off-site. But then we get into the whole rental car and commuting, etc. and with the health issues in play, we think it'd be easier to just stay on-site and use Disney transport or taxis when necessary.

There are a couple of packages that start 8/16. One is the Kids Play and one that is Family together. I have not looked at either since we are not planning a trip currently. I still get WDW updates.

I suggest going to the official WDW site and look at deals or discounts. Some,early in the offer period, can be quite good. There may be ticket or length of stay requirements.

Mousesavers.com is a solid money saving site and there is a budget board in the forums.

A couple of favorite tips; you can get free ice water from the Counter service restaurants and you can not get the the sides at most Counter Service restaurants. The sides usually saves a couple of bucks. (Really, we usually cannot eat all of the fries.)

Good luck

The rates can vary depending on when you are going. Disney will have some rooms at lower prices and as those fill up prices will increase. Th earlier you can book the better. For some dates Coronado Springs is showing a rate of about $133/night before tax. I even saw POFQ at $148/night for one period. It is often excluded from discounts.

Try this link. It will show you normal and discounted rates. You have a better chance of lower rates with the more flexibility you have on dates.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/resorts/

You might be able to get last minute discounts through a DVC rental site for Saratoga Springs or Old Key West.

We have booked two last minute trips (6 weeks out). We were able to get a RO discounts both times ( WL and CBR ) through Disney website, however Orbitz almost always has a 15% off too. We also got hard to get ADRs: CM, Ohana. A lot of people must cancel ADRs last minute (CM- 1 day before). It was great unexpected fun.

Type in "Disney resort special offers" into a search engine and after the results come up, click on the official Disney special offers page that should be among the results. Right now there is both a late-summer room-only discount and a late-fall room-only discount. Either one will save you money if staying onsite. You can also try camping at Fort Wilderness if you have gear and are confident camping- it's the cheapest and very fun. Best of luck with your trip- we went in July with 3 weeks notice and had a blast!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter