Last minute Disney trip

Discussion in 'Disney World Tips' started by goofymommy47, Nov 29, 2012.

1. goofymommy47

goofymommy47 Earning My Ears

Hi everyone! I have just decided to tag along on my husbands upcoming work trip to Orlando in a few weeks. he will be stuck at a conference while DS1 and I take in the Disney sights during the day and hopefully we will be able to spend some family time together in the evenings). We will be staying at Pop dec 13-15. Does anyone have any ideas about things for me and DS1 to do during the day? DH will have the car and I am planning on taking the bus to DTD one day to shop for Christmas gifts. I am not planning on doing any of the parks as it is just me and an almost one year old. We took DS to Disney in September for one night to see how he would like it, so this will technically not be his first trip. Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. jcb

jcb always emerging from hibernation

if you are not going into the parks, you might want to take DS1 around to the deluxe resorts to see the Christmas decorations.

4. JessieJones

JessieJones Earning My Ears

I think the Christmas decorations are a must see for everyone who are around the park at that time pixiedust:

5. travelin' tigger

travelin' tigger DIS Veteran

First off, welcome to DIS goofymommy47!! :welcome:

As the PPs suggested, touring the deluxe resorts on the monorail is fun, then you could hop a bus to Studios and walk/take a boat to the Boardwalk and tour the resorts there. Maybe a nice lunch somewhere for you and DS1.

Enjoy!!! :goodvibes

6. goofymommy47

Thanks everyone! We will for sure be touring around the deluxe resorts to check out the decorations!

7. jcb

jcb always emerging from hibernation

8. Shelly F - Ohio

Shelly F - Ohio Disney Extraordinaire

You know there is a bridge that connects the Pops with the Art of Animation resort. You could take a walk over to the AOA and check out the resort.

Here is a link with info about the AOA

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2966053&highlight=aoa

If you look in the middle-top portion of the map you will see the bridge that links the two resorts. Its located right above the "E"

9. goofymommy47

Thanks for the tips! I am for sure planning to check out AoA. I m very excited to see everything at that resort, especially the food court. I am hoping to get a good Christmas card picture somewhere, does anyone have any suggestions for a nice location to take a snap shot?

10. dsneprincess

dsneprincess DIS Veteran

You might want to check out the camping board. Some of the decorations at Fort Wilderness appear to be AMAZING! We never knew about those before, so I think we need to plan another Christmas visit for next year. I will have to blame this one on the dis..... LOL!

11. dvcpa

dvcpa Earning My Ears

I agree with checking out the Christmas decorations.

If you are trying to kill some time while in downtown disney you could take a boat ride from there to SSR, I believe. I don't know if they have much in the way of Christmas decoration, but the boat ride is nice.

12. gules

gules Crazy for my hero

The Grand Floridian always looks spectacular this time of the year, and if I remember correctly should have a small gingerbread house from which they sell panes of gingerbread. If you can time it so there aren't too many people around, it could be a nice shot. The trick is that they're usually so busy you might have to wait a while!

I also once stayed at AKL and thought their tree very unique. The lighting is a little dimmer, though, so it might be tough to get a good shot.

13. goofydisneygal

goofydisneygal Earning My Ears

Downtown Disney has the Legoland store and there are sometimes performers around there ... always good people watching and nice to walk around and poke around things so great place for a stroller walk!