Last minute ddp questions!

S.Poppins

<font color=red>Mouseketeer<br><font color=purple>
Okay, we leave in less than 2 weeks and I am trying to figure out CS meals with my DS and the new kids menu. We have heard that as of January you will have to get kids meals at CS restaurants. I know we want to eat at Flame Tree and I do not think my DS will like any of the options. So if we get his meal at McD's does he have to get the kids meal? Or can he get the larger chicken nuggets with fries? (4 pc won't cut it) What about CS's that do not list a kids menu - like the McDs in WS, Casey's corner or Pizza Planet - can he get something off the regular menu?

When you get a kids meal that comes with french fries and applesauce, does the applesauce always count as the dessert?

Okay, I think that covers it for now. Christmas day ended an hour ago - so now I am back in planning mode.

I don't believe that McD has a kids meal. There are counter service stickers next to those items considered available on the DP (I believe that it's the larger nugget group but don't know what else is included). If a place doesn't have a kids menu (like Pizza Planet in MGM or Casey's in MK) then the meal is the same for either adult or child.

I know that at the McD in WS, you can use snack credits for many of the items. I have also heard of people using a CS credit for a meal. I think most places now have sugar free jello for kids but if you tell the CM that your child doesn't eat that or ask for other options, you might be able to select from the adult options (or in some places we got the fruit bowl for dessert).

We have the same issue regarding the CS selections for our older son, who will be turning 9 on our next trip in February. For that trip, we will be 3 adults (my mom is joining us) and 2 kids. We probably will plan on using 2A and maybe 1C credit for lunch most days (my youngest likes nuggets or m&c so I try to select places that serve that). My mom and I will split and my dh and older son will split. That leaves us w/ 1A and 1C per day to be used either as breakfast (if you go to the Main St. Bakery, there is no kid/adult option) or will be saved to be used on our last day (we might head to Earl of Sandwich where there are also no kid options).

I also find it difficult to explain to my older son why we're all having fish and chicken strips at CHH and he can't or why we're all having burgers at PB and he can't, etc. So it takes a bit more planning to be sure everyone is happy.

As for TS, it has never been a problem for us and continues to be fine, even with the changed menus. As long as DS can get a burger or m&c, he'll be fine. Of course, I'm happier that they have added back the kids steak option at Concourse and expanded the "fixed" options a bit more.

You know, as I saw your post again, I'm thinking that there is somewhere in AK that serves McD food. So I looked it up and sure enough, according to the DIS, Restaurantosaurus serves a kids meal w/ nuggets, fries, beverage and toy. Not sure how that counts on the DDP (would assume that it would be a CS credit) but at least it's available if that is what your DS would like.

Hope this helps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter