Last minute ADRS

jschlicht3

Earning My Ears
Has anyone that recently returned from Disney during free dining had any luck walking up to any restaurants without an ADR? Any input appreciated.

Good question! I'd like to know the same.
We arrive at the Poly tomorrow and ADRs were made months ago. However, I've since changed my mind on one of them and would like to cancel it - but not until I know we'll be able to get in elsewhere!

This was not during free dinning for this year, but during free dinning in August 2006 my Dad and I had made two last minute ADR's while in WDW for lunch at the Plaza and 50's Prime Time Cafe. So using my example it does not hurt to ask about making last ADR's and risk going there as a walk-in, when you might not even get a table.

I just returned on the 19th even though I had ADR's I saw several families turned away at Chefs de France, Tonys, Coral Reef, Bomas, and Chef Mickey's. I did however see a family walk in and get a table at Jiko and Spoodles.

I returned about 1 1/2 weeks ago, and I walked up to Yacht Club Galley for dinner. And although I made reservations at GFC/Citricos lunch, I met another solo who said she had walked up to eat, as she always does.

I often change my mind about ADR's How the heck do I know what I will feel like months in advance??? Obviously I don't! I have had good luck calling in the morning to find out what is available that day. It rarely works for Le Cellier or the super popular restaurants, but I always end up with something that pleases me, and this includes during free dining and other busy times (not including Christmas/Easter weeks). I personally think there is way too much angst about ADR's. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter