Last day car hire costs doubled overnight!

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by mcpaket, Jan 13, 2013.

1. mcpaket

mcpaket Earning My Ears

We will arrive back from our cruise Feb 23rd and have a 6.30pm departure time back to the UK. This will actually be my 40th birthday so didn't fancy spending the day at an airport. We thought of the following options:

1. Day room at Hyatt (decided against because as there are 7 of us we'd need to buy three rooms so seemed an expensive option & would rather be doing something).

2. There was an option of getting transfer from Ace Excusions-they would take us to the airport & take us somewhere during the day & look after our bags (we thought maybe just chill at coco beach) for around $300

3. Hire a van at port & do our own thing. We decided on this option as I found a rate including insurances for around $110. However after chatting it through with the family & coming back on line the next day the price has gone up to $220 with Avis & some of the others at the port are showing no availability.

Any advice would be appreciated.
    T :confused3

2. kcashner

kcashner DIS Veteran

A few thoughts....for a day room at the Hyatt, you really wouldn't need to get 3 rooms for 7 people. Unless you want beds for everyone, they really don't know how many people are using the room. It isn't like at night. And even at night in the US, one hotel room is normally for 4 people....not like Europe where 2 people is the norm.

If you are using it to change clothes and go to the pool, one room can make due for all of you.

Have you checked for van rentals using discount codes from rentalcodes.com? We've saved as much as 50% with these codes.

With an international flight, you will want to be back at MCO at least 2 hours before the flight; earlier than that is better.

I'm not aware of towncar/limo companies that will take you somewhere, watch your luggage, and come back for you...but there are lots of companies that will take you to the airport. You might contact some of them (Fl Tours, RJ's, Happy Limo) to see if they can meet your needs.