Last bit of Med cruise planning. Experienced advice needed.

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by ThePicketts, May 16, 2013.

1. bats

bats Enjoying Bahama Mama's

Perhaps the lesson should be for visitors to actually learn the local language instead of expecting the locals to learn yours?

As Brits we go to Europe a lot for short breaks and always try to learn a little
    of the local language. It may only be the basics, but it ensures we get good service as we have tried to fit in.
    I feel it's a little arrogant to not learn a bit to be honest. :confused3

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. scrawny

scrawny Mouseketeer

Quick question...how easy is it to get from villefranche to monaco? Bus or train easier?

4. OrangeCountyCommuter

OrangeCountyCommuter DIS Veteran

Shh... I figured this was how I was getting to the front of the taxi line faster... take next available cab without conducting an "interrogation" of the cab driver :rotfl:

(And just out of curiosity, do the cab drivers in your home town speak English. I live in Atlanta and lots of them seem not to speak it here LOL!)

That said the "one size fits all" grouping just is "Ugly American" And it doesn't work. You are probably just as likely to get ripped off by that charming guy who speaks English as he finds ways to get your cash... Trust me, every scam artist worth his "salary" has learned English LOL!

5. debsters41

debsters41 DIS Veteran

I paid 45 Euro for two adults for the Underground tour. But, of course, that also includes the entrance ticket for the Palatine and Forum. It wasn't that much more than the regular ticket.

6. bellelinus

bellelinus <font color=deeppink>You have liberally applied fl

Super-easy! I think the train is faster and easier, and that's what I did last time. This time I'm going to Nice instead, pretty much the same trip in the opposite direction. Here's a guide I like on how to do it:

http://www.tomsportguides.com/Villefranche-sur-Mer-06-20-2012.pdf

7. gilsan

gilsan DIS Veteran

When we were in Rome we booked an underground Coloseum tour with Walks of Italy http://www.walksofitaly.com/tour_bookings/tour_all_listing/1/85.

Sadly there was flooding while we were there and were unable to do the underground part of the tour, but the rest of it was great. They take you to the top tier of the Coloseum and you get an amazing view of Rome.