Last bit of Med cruise planning. Experienced advice needed.

I personally don't think that a person not being able to speak English or admit to it (perhaps their English is not good) has anything to do with getting overcharged.

Perhaps not, but, a communication block makes it very hard to understand what is expected, on top of that, when I've had several people confirm the exact same issue, along with others who are from Spain themselves, I'll accept it. It's not a knock, just a tip on safer travelling.

Perhaps the lesson should be for visitors to actually learn the local language instead of expecting the locals to learn yours?

As Brits we go to Europe a lot for short breaks and always try to learn a little
of the local language. It may only be the basics, but it ensures we get good service as we have tried to fit in.
I feel it's a little arrogant to not learn a bit to be honest. :confused3

Quick question...how easy is it to get from villefranche to monaco? Bus or train easier?

Shh... I figured this was how I was getting to the front of the taxi line faster... take next available cab without conducting an "interrogation" of the cab driver :rotfl:

(And just out of curiosity, do the cab drivers in your home town speak English. I live in Atlanta and lots of them seem not to speak it here LOL!)

That said the "one size fits all" grouping just is "Ugly American" And it doesn't work. You are probably just as likely to get ripped off by that charming guy who speaks English as he finds ways to get your cash... Trust me, every scam artist worth his "salary" has learned English LOL!

I paid 45 Euro for two adults for the Underground tour. But, of course, that also includes the entrance ticket for the Palatine and Forum. It wasn't that much more than the regular ticket.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter