Lasagna al Forno without beef?

newdrama12

DIS Veteran
Has anyone tried to make the Lasagna al Forno from tutto italia without beef? Did it turn out ok or would you recommend a different protein in place of the beef? The reason that I ask is that I would love to make it for a friend of mine and his family for dinner one nite, but he doesn't eat beef anymore. He still eats meat just not beef. He had reoccurring migraines until he stopped eating beef a few months ago, so we believe that there is a chemical or something in it that is a trigger for his migraines.

Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated.

I have made that recipe and I think it needs that layer. Does he eat turkey? Just substitute that for the beef.

lamb would also work, or a mix of lamb and pork - I think turkey would not be meaty enough:rolleyes1 And add a dash of Worcestershire sauce:thumbsup2 if its not in the recipe - helps bring out the flavours ETA our friends don't eat beef for religious reasons but always chomp away happily if I make lasagne with lamb ;-)

You could also try some soy crumbles, when mixed in it tastes and looks quite a bit like ground beef.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter