Larisa & Nick 7/18/09 - invitation voted best of 2009!!

It is a small world!! We just went to the Mens Warehouse in Vestal a few weeks ago to get the tuxes when I was there visiting for Easter!!! He is never going to believe that someone knew where Newark Valley is, haha. It is a beautiful area up there in NY!! I LOVE going to all of the wineries along the Finger Lakes!

That's so great you were practically just there! :) I agree- it is a gorgeous area. I appreciate having been raised there so much more now that I'm older! Dr. Frank is my fav. NY wine!

Your ring is beautiful and so unique!
Your stamp & Save the Dates are gorgeous as well! Your guests are gonna LOVE them!:lovestruc

I love your engagment ring and band! My father is a jewler who designs and makes his own jewelry and I absolutely love being able to design something unique like that!

Also, your save the dates are amazing! You have such talent! Do you have a web site or anything for your side business? The reason I ask is because my best friend is getting married next May and I would love to pass your info on to her!

Thanks!! I am so thrilled with my rings, I want to wear the band now (and sometimes I do around the house, haha!!)

I am actually putting the finishing touches on a website now! I will probably have it up and running in the next week or so and I will definitely let you know. In the mean time I can PM you with my email if you want to give to your friend?

hi! subscribing :)
your engagement story is beautiful! everything looks magical for the wedding too :lovestruc .. i love the idea of the Disney-places for the table names :goodvibes

Barbie princess:

ps - is that a Pal Mickey in you signature pics? we have one too.. DBF won't put him down when we're in the parks! ;) x

Oh that is definitely Pal Mickey!! The first day of our trip I went to the first gift shop that was barely inside the gate at Magic Kingdom to buy him. He has the pirate outfit, too! I felt kind of weird at first, seeing as we are two adults with no kids and a talking stuffed animal, but hey, its Disney World, everyone's a kid!! As you can see he and Nick got close that week, haha, when I clipped Mickey to the backpack and Nick had the pleasure of carrying him around everywhere!! We did make the mistake of not turning him off one day and had to pay a fortune for new batteries at the resort. But we love him and he is coming with us on our honeymoon. Maybe he'll get a new outfit!!!

That's so great you were practically just there! :) I agree- it is a gorgeous area. I appreciate having been raised there so much more now that I'm older! Dr. Frank is my fav. NY wine!

Your ring is beautiful and so unique!
Your stamp & Save the Dates are gorgeous as well! Your guests are gonna LOVE them!:lovestruc

Oh where is Dr. Frank from? We like Wagners and Glenora wineries. One of these days I want to do the bus tours I've seen that take you around to a bunch of wineries. Although after 2 stops I probably wouldn't even know what I was drinking!! :upsidedow

Oh where is Dr. Frank from? We like Wagners and Glenora wineries. One of these days I want to do the bus tours I've seen that take you around to a bunch of wineries. Although after 2 stops I probably wouldn't even know what I was drinking!! :upsidedow

Dr. Frank is in the Finger Lakes- Hammondsport, I think. Their website is:
http://www.drfrankwines.com

I've only done wine tours in Napa- and yeah, you definitely have to be careful--small sips quickly add up! :upsidedow They're fun though!

Oh that is definitely Pal Mickey!! The first day of our trip I went to the first gift shop that was barely inside the gate at Magic Kingdom to buy him. He has the pirate outfit, too! I felt kind of weird at first, seeing as we are two adults with no kids and a talking stuffed animal, but hey, its Disney World, everyone's a kid!! As you can see he and Nick got close that week, haha, when I clipped Mickey to the backpack and Nick had the pleasure of carrying him around everywhere!! We did make the mistake of not turning him off one day and had to pay a fortune for new batteries at the resort. But we love him and he is coming with us on our honeymoon. Maybe he'll get a new outfit!!!

Hi! lol it's good to know we're not the only young couple who carry around a Pal!
you might want to look on ebay for a new costume for him.. as they don't sell them in wdw any more :(
i found the poncho costume for less than $10 on eBay! new in the box too...
our Pal has the pirate costume, poncho & safari outfit! DBF would love the sorcerer mickey costume but i can't find it anywhere... ours was version2 which was in a black tuxedo :)

i know what you mean about the batteries.. our Pal got 'sick' one day on our last trip,he started to talk about Main Street, but we were in AK! then he kept making that 'huh huh' sound over & over, and shaking... we were so worried, you'd think we had a baby, not a toy!! but we took him into a store & 4 CMs helped us.. gave him new batteries (for free!!) and told us not to leave him turned on for more than 8 hours a day :o

looking forward to more of your wedding details!

Barbie princess:

Thanks!! I am so thrilled with my rings, I want to wear the band now (and sometimes I do around the house, haha!!)

I am actually putting the finishing touches on a website now! I will probably have it up and running in the next week or so and I will definitely let you know. In the mean time I can PM you with my email if you want to give to your friend?

If you would like to send me your info I would appreciate it, and when you have your site finished I can pass that on to her. She just said the other day how she wants to start looking at people to do invitations for her! Thanks!

So I've mentioned on here before that I am a graphic designer and one of the things I do is create wedding invitations, including my own! Well its been a long long time coming, but I finally put a website together for my invitation business. Since a few people of asked me about my work I'm hoping its ok to post this on here. The image is a screen shot of the home page to give a sneak peek! Of course feel free to pass this info on to anyone you may know in need of wedding invitations or custom design work.

Let me know what you think of the site, I would love to hear feedback!!

www.moyalara.com

Picture4-1.png

I just wanted to report that Nick got a job!!! We are so excited, and relieved. This means we have to start looking for a place to live, and we can finally make our honeymoon plans definite!!!

Finally .... we are booked for WDW!!! We just called today and everything is set for 7 nights at POR and then our 4-night Disney Cruise! We made some of the dining reservations but I still need to plan it out a bit. So far we have ...

Cinderella's Royal Table
Crystal Palace
Coral Reef
Le Cellier (lunch, all we could get!)
Hoop Dee Do
Narcoossee's

Also reserved Palo the last night of the cruise.

We are doing DELUXE dining, so I need to book some breakfast or lunch options too since we will have the credits to use. Any suggestions?!?!

So excited to finally start planning the details of all of our Disney fun!!!! :banana::banana::banana:

Larisa all your plans sound lovely. You and Nick make a beautiful couple and I thoroughly enjoyed your engagment story (especially it coming from his perspective). I have to say that I usually just lurk here on the boards and having been married for almost 14 years I really never post on the wedding boards but my oldest daughter's name is Larissa and I just think it is wonderful when I find other girls who share her name. I wish you and Nicholas all the best in your life together. On another note my family absolutely loves PORiverside. It is our absolute favorite resort!

Invitations went out and I wanted to post a few pics. They were definitely a labor of love, and a bit of an expense but they were worth it!!! They came in silk boxes and I meticulously added all of the crystals by hand and embossed our names in gold. I'm so happy with how they turned out and we've had great feedback from our guests!!!

petals.jpg

openbox.jpg

closeup.jpg

HOLEY MOLEY LARISA!! :eek:

I have never seen such amazing invites!! WOW!! Incredible!!!

Wow Larisa! Those invites are incredible!

HOLEY MOLEY LARISA!! :eek:

I have never seen such amazing invites!! WOW!! Incredible!!!

THANK YOU!!!! I have to take a few more pics of all of the cards that were included and I will get those up soon. I do have a budding little business so if you know anyone that is looking for slightly over the top invitations feel free to pass on my info ;)

Just found you PJ from the cruise meet thread! We are going to be on the same cruise as you!!!! Love the invites!!!

I also am a lurker. I've been married 23 years and love Disney. I just wanted to let you know how fabulous the invitations are. The only problem would be that I couldn't bring myself to throw this one away if I received it. LOL! I would have to keep it forever.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter