large rocks inside EPCOT?

velotk

Earning My Ears
What are those large rocks inside EPCOT? they look like they have pictures on them?

Those were the Legacy walls. Once upon a time you could put your name and/or picture on the wall. We go see ours every time we're at Epcot. I wish we had done the paver at MK but at the time we didn't have the money.

We call it the "EPCOT Graveyard". IMHO that area was much more pleasing to the eye before the graveyard was put in.

We call it the "EPCOT Graveyard". IMHO that area was much more pleasing to the eye before the graveyard was put in.

I would have to agree, they could have put them lining the sides and not like headstones:)

We call them "the tomb of the unknown tourist". It definitely looks like a graveyard and looked much better before.

Huh; unknown indeed! I come at least every other year to see myself! You mean you haven't seen me?

what a bad idea that was. now we're all stuck with what does look like a cemetery. I've been around a long time. how much did Disney charge for this again ? I say give them their money back, okay with a little interest, and get that stuff torn down.

what a bad idea that was. now we're all stuck with what does look like a cemetery. I've been around a long time. how much did Disney charge for this again ? I say give them their money back, okay with a little interest, and get that stuff torn down.

I couldn't agree more! IMO, this idea was right up there with sticking an oversized sorcerer's hat in front of the Great Movie Ride Attraction in Hollywood Studios! What were they thinking? :confused3

When walking through Epcot's "graveyard," I, too, always think of them as tombstones. But, since presumably no one is actually buried underneath these stones, it's more like a memorial.

After all, none of us is here forever, and with each passing year, these stones, over time, truly will become a memorial to Epcot patrons who came before! :)

Maybe someone in charge at EPCOT will wake up and see these eyesores for what they are, and finally move them out to the hinterlands of the farthest corner of the parking lot, where they can serve as bumpers for places to park the trams. :laughing:

Huh; unknown indeed! I come at least every other year to see myself! You mean you haven't seen me?

Have to agree. For the not-likers of the Legacy tiles, they are there. Just don't agree with saying not so kind things about people who do have the tiles there.

Have to agree. For the not-likers of the Legacy tiles, they are there. Just don't agree with saying not so kind things about people who do have the tiles there.

Where did you see someone in this thread saying unkind things about tile-holders?
:confused3:confused3:confused3

Most people that never bought a tile tend to not like them. We have 3 and we love it. We're at Epcot every day... and MK and BLT. :rotfl:

I feel like they take away from the awe of just seeing Spaceship Earth smack in front of you, so massive and imposing. But if people paid good money to Leave their Legacy, I think they should stay put.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter