Lapu Lapu

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by robandkelly13, Jun 1, 2009.

1. robandkelly13

robandkelly13 DIS Veteran

Is the Poly the only place you can get Lapu Lapu? Does anyone know any speciality adult beverages served at AKL? THANKS!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. MickeyNicki

MickeyNicki It is pretty darn sad when a valet picks you out a

I think you can only get them at the Poly....we stayed at the AKL and had drinks at the lounge and the menu is the generic drink menu you can find at almost any restaurant/bar

4. Abbysmom104

Abbysmom104 Earning My Ears

Does anyone know the recipe for a lapu lapu. I'd like to make one at home. We are having a birthday party/ cookout/pool party this weekend and that sounds like it would be perfect! Even tho the pineapple cup is a big part of it, i think that will be left out money wise. lol

5. VegasMike21

VegasMike21 <font color=blue>I couldn't stop laughing when the

I found this recipe for a Lapu-Lapu:

1 ounce Myer's Rum
    1/2 ounce Bacardi 151
    Scorpion Mix (consists of half-and-half sour mix and orange juice)
    Enough ice to chill it, crushed so it fits in the pineapple
    Garnish: Cherry

6. chocolateMinnie

chocolateMinnie DIS Veteran

i have to admit the lapu lapu nearly killed me with one fatal slip, they should use it in the next james Bond film to knock him out - WOW!

My favourite drink at AKL is the strawberry basil lemonade but certainly the cocktail list at Boma was basically the generic cocktail list available at most of the deluxe resorts with margaritas etc. but the wines were South African (I can also recommend the red wine flight)

7. 10_Kyle_10

10_Kyle_10 DIS Veteran

Here's a Picture fwiw. IMO its a good drink and I'm glad I got in once but its not worth the price. I prefer the backscratcher at Lapu!

[​IMG]

8. Disneyfun1

Disneyfun1 Walt Disney World Lover-DVC Owner Since 1/07

How much are they?

9. TDC Nala

TDC Nala 1937, what a year that was

The Lapu Lapu costs about $14 in the pineapple. You can order it without the pineapple for about $8.

If you are looking for specialty drinks at AKL, walk down to the small bar adjacent to Jiko (not Victoria Falls) and try a Zebratini if you like sweet desserty drinks. They have a menu that isn't the generic drinks menu with a few other specialty drinks on it, and you can order from the Jiko wine list.

10. marcyinPA

marcyinPA <font color=blue>I'll never forget the strong, pun

Lapu Lapu is nasty nasty. Extremely strong and tastes of pure alcohol. My kids actually re-named it the "Loopy Loopy" because that is what I was after just a few sips!:scared1: