• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Laptop security

smallwonder56

Earning My Ears
Hi,

We're going to Disney with two boys--16 and 17. They want to take my son's laptop to use in the room at Caribbean Beach resort but I'm wondering if the laptop will be safe in the room while we're out doing things. Is the safe in the room big enough to store a laptop? Has anyone had any experience with doing this? We won't have a car or I'd lock it up there.

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated.

smallwonder

I have taken a laptop with me several times to the CBR - no the safe is not large enough for the laptop to fig - but we just stuck it in a suitcase or drawer and it was perfectly fine.......I have stayed at the CBR many times and over the years have left cameras, video cameras, portable dvd players, and laptops in the room - nothing has ever been missing upon our return to the room.

You can get one of these:

amazon.com

It locks through the video port on the back of the laptop. There are also other types, as you can choose in the dropdown on that page, but the video ones are the most secure. The Kensington style ones can simply be broken out of the laptop and it will still function, but you can't break the video port out easily ,and if you can the laptop will no longer work.

I'll buy the laptop lockup device and life will be good. Thanks *so* much! You folks in this board are so incredibly helpful.

smallwonder

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter