laptop on board?

goofylover

Mouseketeer
We can't decide whether or not to bring our laptop on our cruise. I know there is an internet cafe. Can you get wifi up on the decks or in your room? Don't want to lug it around if we shouldn't.
Thanks for your thoughts.
Leaving tomorrow for WDW and then the 7 night Western!!!!!

We always bring...

... the notebook for entertainment and downloading digital images and video. In our case - without question we bring the notebook along with a dozen DVDs and a couple of blank Cds to share or backup special images... just in case!

Hope this helped a little,
Cheers!

We have a laptop, but didn't bring it. I figured that this was our vacation- a break from the computer! ;)

We took ours strictly for downloading and burning our digital images...so we were able to clear our cards AND we knew we had saved our photos not only to the laptop but also to cd's. I know you can get shutters to burn your photos to a cd...but we felt safer doing it ourselves.

We didn't end up using the laptop for internet access, movies or any other form of entertainment....just for photos.

scrapperjill said:
We took ours strictly for downloading and burning our digital images...so we were able to clear our cards AND we knew we had saved our photos not only to the laptop but also to cd's. I know you can get shutters to burn your photos to a cd...but we felt safer doing it ourselves.

We didn't end up using the laptop for internet access, movies or any other form of entertainment....just for photos.
Great idea!!

we brought ours only for uploading the camera card so that we could clear the card daily. I take tons of pictures, so for us it was worth it. We also used it so the boyus could watch a movie while waiting in the airport

I have brought mine the last couple of times onboard. Did it for pictures and journal update. This time will use the wireless internet.
QUESTION- has anyone stay on deck 2 just below the Promenade Lounge and was able to get a signal strong enough to use? Just wondering?

Remember, too, that on the Western, you can burn your photos to a cd at Walgreens for less than $5. So, I'm planning to take lots of "ship" photos the first day, then head to Walgreens to clear my memory. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter