1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Lanyards

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by momof2n2, Feb 10, 2014.

1. momof2n2

momof2n2 DIS Veteran

I want to pick up some lanyards for the non-CC members of our traveling party. Does any one have any big tips on what to look for/not look for? Do you have to pull it out often? We are cruising Magic.
    Thanks.

I was planning to look at Amazon. :)

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Minniemiss

Minniemiss DIS Veteran

They have a DCL lanyard for sale on the Disney Store website. :thumbsup2

4. momof2n2

momof2n2 DIS Veteran

Sweet!! Thank you!!!

5. browerjs

browerjs Mouseketeer

I too am looking for something on Amazon. Last year when we were at WDW, we bought a couple in the parks with the Id holder, but it the little plastic zipper thing was so cheap in broke in no time.

6. momof2n2

momof2n2 DIS Veteran

Do you have to pull the KTTS card often?

7. cris0809

cris0809 Might be why the rum is always gone

Depends on your definition of often.

Any time you want to buy a snack at the theater.
    Any time you want a cocktail by the pool.
    Any time you want a specialty coffee.
    Any time you want a souvenir from the gift shop.
    Any time you want to pay for a spa treatment.

It's your main method of payment so it really depends on how much you spend. The new locks on the Magic are RFID so you do not have to "swipe" to get in and out of your room. Cards work fine through a plastic pouch.

8. eemaxx

eemaxx Mouseketeer

There are some for sale on ebay as well. I was also looking to get them for another family that we will be traveling with this Summer. It's their first Disney cruise but our 3rd. I'm assuming we will get new lanyards upon check in, correct? I was thinking about bringing along our old ones so our friends could use them also.

9. marcy70

marcy70 Earning My Ears

Two years ago I found landyard (Disney and non-disney) at my local Home Depot, they averaged about $5-$8. About a week ago I was in my local Party City and saw some Disney ones for $1.99. I was then at Walmart and picked up some cheap plastic KTTW holders (12/$1.88) which the card slides into. Will be trying these out next week and will check back to let you know how well they worked.
    Hope this helps and good luck on your quest.
    Marcy

10. outtabux

outtabux Earning My Ears

I bought the zippered pouches from Amazon. The only time we had to take them out was to pick up our kids from the Kids Clubs. The waiter and bartenders just copied some numbers off the card, but never needed it out of the pouch. To get on and off the boat, you can leave it in the pouch and also to get into your room.

11. daddym

daddym Earning My Ears

I've long been collecting lanyards for our trips and for any use. If you guys are looking for cool, unique, and very affordable lanyards, I recommend you visit (pumpkinstall.com) as well. Bon voyage! :thumbsup2