Lanyards

Discussion in 'disABILITIES!' started by ElishaConway, Aug 5, 2012.

1. ElishaConway

ElishaConway Earning My Ears

I have been thinking about getting lanyards for our family to wear our Make A Wish buttons on. If you did this what is your opinion on the lanyards? If you just wore the buttons on your shirt, what are your opinions?
    Thank you,
    Elisha Conway

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Sparkly

Sparkly Starlight, starbright...

I think a lanyard would be better, otherwise buttons can leave holes in your shirts. I wore a Disney happy birthday button last trip and was worried that it would wreck my new t-shirt and it was Feb, so kept putting on my sweatshirt and having to move the button. Eventuallly I put it on my bag's straps which worked better.

4. ElishaConway

Thank you Emma!
    I was worried about it putting holes in our clothes.
    Thank you,
    Elisha Conway

5. clanmcculloch

clanmcculloch DIS Veteran

My only thought about lanyards is that you need to be sure that the person wearing it is comfortable wearing a lanyard on his neck all day. Personally, I find that the standard lanyards are very irritating on my neck as I have some sensory issues. I can deal with it if I have to and during summer trips I will wear a mister fan around my neck on a lanyard but I end up carrying it more than I wear it because I find the texture to be painful (sensory issues can make normal things feel painful to those of us who deal with them).

My 12 year old loves pins. She tries to get every type of pin that she can find (note: they give pins to people at Pop who do the hustle or twist) and loves to wear them. She's never gotten a noticeable hole in any of her clothes. She wears pretty much only cotton; if she wore something like rayon or silk then I'm sure it would be a different story.

6. ElishaConway

Thank you, that realy made me think. My son has SPD and I think it would bother him.
    Elisha Conway

7. 2plus2equalsus

2plus2equalsus Earning My Ears

I think if you got a silky one with smooth edges, and didn't put too much stuff on it to weigh it down it would be less of an issue.

Are you making the lanyard?
    It could be worn across the body (like a saddle bag/purse), then it would rest on the shoulder more than the neck. And you could even add a coin purse on the end/side for your ticket, fast pass, photo pass, smashed coins, or "if lost" info, or the guest assistance pass. (I'm on a roll, now I want one :))