Lanyard?

devonsmommy

DIS Veteran
Do we need to take a lanyard to carry our KTTW card/room key? Or do they give us one there?

Or did you just stick in your pocket? Not sure what the best thing is to do.

Do we need to take a lanyard to carry our KTTW card/room key? Or do they give us one there?

You do not need a lanyard. If you are a repeat cruiser you will get one at check in. You can carry it just like you would any other ID/credit card. My DH just carried his in his pocket. I wore my DVC lanyard but honestly it was a pain because it was super hard to open.

I always bring my own. Use it for ALL my different cruises. I bought it in Disney World a while back. On non DCL cruises various guests always like it!

DSC00580.jpg
:thumbsup2

I have lanyards like Mickey2000. I got them at Hobby Lobby. Easy to get the card out of and they made it easy to keep track of my key! I tried to make the kids wear them but they just stuck them in their pockets (and lost them!).

We are repeat cruisers and am just wondering if you get a lanyard if you check in at the regular check in line and not the Castaway Club line...last time we were there the line was longer than the regular check in!

We are repeat cruisers and am just wondering if you get a lanyard if you check in at the regular check in line and not the Castaway Club line...last time we were there the line was longer than the regular check in!

You get a lanyard no matter where you check in. We got ours at MCO for our last cruise.

I hate lanyards. But after the darn card kept falling out of my pocket on the PC cruise I had to wear the one they gave me at checkin.

If you are not a repeat cruiser but you are a DVC member, go to the DVC Member meeting onboard, they give out lanyards there, too.

I'm a newbie like you and wondered about this same question. I bought DCL lanyards from the Disney Store website for my grandson and I for our upcoming cruise. They're very nice and now it's one less thing I have to worry about. Good luck!!

For our first cruise, I found inexpensive Disney lanyards at a party store for about $2.00 that had a swivel hook on the end. Then we took our KTTW cards to Guest Services and they punched a hole in them for us.

We get generic lanyard at Office Depot - in the name tag section [just in case]. Have quite a collection because we've been on several cruises.

:)

First timer too and don't have one. We will be going to the disney outlet at Premium mall and the Walmart in Kissimee at marker 9 or 13 near Medieval Times (the one with the big disney section as soon as you walk in). Will any of these two places have lanyard holders? I have ones for our pins but we never bring those with us to the parks or on our trips because I would hate to loose all our pins.

Do the lanyards that they give to repeat cruisers have the plastic part to put your room card in? Or, is it just metal hook where you have to have your room card punched?

I have my own I bought from WDW and it has the plastic part and that works great for holding the room card. I don't know if I should bring it or will the one they give me work for holding the room card?

After re-reading my post.... I hope my question makes sense! :crazy:

Do the lanyards that they give to repeat cruisers have the plastic part to put your room card in? Or, is it just metal hook where you have to have your room card punched?

I have my own I bought from WDW and it has the plastic part and that works great for holding the room card. I don't know if I should bring it or will the one they give me work for holding the room card?

After re-reading my post.... I hope my question makes sense! :crazy:

They have the plastic pouch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter