Landry's Club Questions

DisneyHardin

DIS Veteran
We will be at Disney the first week of November and on our last day we are thinking of going to Animal Kingdom. We will be out of dining plan credits by then and have a long night of travel (our plane doesn't leave MCO until 7:30). So I was thinking of eating at Rainforest Café before heading back to the hotel to catch the DME bus.

I've read here and there about the Landry's Club you can join, but had never paid too much attention to because I didn't think we would use it.

I just want to make sure I have the details correct -
*I Pay $25 to join the club and then get a $25 voucher.
*I add my "birthday" as being in November and get another voucher.
*I don't need to make an ADR at RFC, I just walk up, show my card and they seat me pretty quickly.
*When it comes time to pay, I can then use both vouchers.

Thanks.

According to the Landry's Select Club FAQs at http://www.landrysselect.com/ClubFaqs.aspx, yes you will get both the Welcome and Birthday rewards if you sign up online before you go. However they are not in the form of vouchers - they appear on your account when the restaurant runs your card, usually after you're seated, and work as a credit towards your bill. I'm not sure whether you can use both rewards at the same visit, however.

We will be at Disney the first week of November and on our last day we are thinking of going to Animal Kingdom. We will be out of dining plan credits by then and have a long night of travel (our plane doesn't leave MCO until 7:30). So I was thinking of eating at Rainforest Café before heading back to the hotel to catch the DME bus.

I've read here and there about the Landry's Club you can join, but had never paid too much attention to because I didn't think we would use it.

I just want to make sure I have the details correct -
*I Pay $25 to join the club and then get a $25 voucher.
*I add my "birthday" as being in November and get another voucher.
*I don't need to make an ADR at RFC, I just walk up, show my card and they seat me pretty quickly.
*When it comes time to pay, I can then use both vouchers.

Thanks.

I was apprehensive about all of these questions too, but I can say that the answer (in our case) is 'yes' to all (we were at T-Rex in Downtown Disney).
1- Yes, but it will be on a Landry card that will be sent to you. You can also see it 'online' with your account.
2- Yes, it is another $25 added to the Landry card. Again, you can see it on your account online. I believe I even received an email reminder when it was my birthday month.
3-We did have an ADR last year; however, this year I called and made a reservation through T-Rex rather than Disney dining (in case we are a bit late we won't get a $10 cc charge), but I've read many accounts that it makes check in quicker with little to no wait even if you don't have any reservations. I'm assuming YMMV depending on how busy it is. We also had a manager check on us twice and thank us for being Landry card holders.
4- Yes, we had no problem using the $50 total (but have heard it might not be for alcoholic beverages? we did not have any alcohol so I can't comment on this). FWIW I didn't have to show birthday ID, but I was prepared to.
I *think* I get another $25 to use this year as we are travelling again in my birthday month.
We are in Canada - took a little while for the card to arrive. I would guess that if you are in the US it will arrive quicker? I just wouldn't wait until the last minute to become a Club Member.
Have a great trip!

I was apprehensive about all of these questions too, but I can say that the answer (in our case) is 'yes' to all (we were at T-Rex in Downtown Disney).
1- Yes, but it will be on a Landry card that will be sent to you. You can also see it 'online' with your account.
2- Yes, it is another $25 added to the Landry card. Again, you can see it on your account online. I believe I even received an email reminder when it was my birthday month.
3-We did have an ADR last year; however, this year I called and made a reservation through T-Rex rather than Disney dining (in case we are a bit late we won't get a $10 cc charge), but I've read many accounts that it makes check in quicker with little to no wait even if you don't have any reservations. I'm assuming YMMV depending on how busy it is. We also had a manager check on us twice and thank us for being Landry card holders.
4- Yes, we had no problem using the $50 total (but have heard it might not be for alcoholic beverages? we did not have any alcohol so I can't comment on this). FWIW I didn't have to show birthday ID, but I was prepared to.
I *think* I get another $25 to use this year as we are travelling again in my birthday month.
We are in Canada - took a little while for the card to arrive. I would guess that if you are in the US it will arrive quicker? I just wouldn't wait until the last minute to become a Club Member.
Have a great trip!

Thank you so much. Once we have finalized our plans, I will go ahead and join.

Yes, you can use both rewards are the same time.....but no change is given back, so be sure to use it all.
You get the birthday reward every year.

If you happen to time your bday reward with a $25 spending reward...you're looking at $50 off your meal. We are members and have a lot of local Landry's restaurants. We went out on DH's bday and I think I would up paying $25 OOP because the rewards covered so much. Love having the card!

Tip is out of pocket. You forfeit anything that's left of the $25 credit after paying for the meal.

Has anyone actually had them check your ID to verify anything about your birthday? We don't have any Landry's restaurants here, so if I put my actual birthday month, it would go to waste. We almost always travel to Disney in November, so I was thinking I would put a date in November as my birthday.

Has anyone actually had them check your ID to verify anything about your birthday? We don't have any Landry's restaurants here, so if I put my actual birthday month, it would go to waste. We almost always travel to Disney in November, so I was thinking I would put a date in November as my birthday.

I don't remember them checking our ID and I don't think it's required since you can also register online. You can always go through online registration and see if it's requested. I know we weren't asked to see DH's ID when we redeemed his bday reward. I think it just had to be redeemed using his Landry's card within a month of his bday (well, the 15th of the following month).

Can anyone here verify if you can use either reward toward the alcohol on your bill? We are on DDP and like to have a glass of wine or drink with dinner.

Can anyone here verify if you can use either reward toward the alcohol on your bill? We are on DDP and like to have a glass of wine or drink with dinner.

From their terms page............so depends state to state

Members earn one point for every dollar spent on food, beverage, retail items and gift cards purchased at participating Landry's outlets. Laws from certain states may prohibit accumulation of points on alcoholic beverage purchases. Promotional point offers, including double or bonus points, may be subject to restrictions and black-out dates at the Club's discretion.

Has anyone used this at Yak & Yeti? I have an ADR for lunch mid Nov (my birthday is early Oct so maybe I'd still have credit)

I used my rewards card at Yak & Yeti. I also had a $50 Landry's gift card I earned through mypoint, so my meal was free. For some reason I'm thinking that the birthday reward expires 15 days into the next month--you might want to check your ADR to make sure it won't be gone by then.

I used my rewards card at Yak & Yeti. I also had a $50 Landry's gift card I earned through mypoint, so my meal was free. For some reason I'm thinking that the birthday reward expires 15 days into the next month--you might want to check your ADR to make sure it won't be gone by then.

Thank you! My Y&Y reservation is, of course, the 16th hahaha

Hhhmm.. might have to add T-Rex back to the dining plans in this case or maybe do an AK Yak & Yeti dinner. I am always down for a free meal lol

Sorry to say, but it does expire on the 15th. I have used my birthday reward for my October birthday two years in a row at WDW...last year I had to move things around to use it before the 15th.

I was able to use the reward on alcoholic drinks at T Rex.

I was reading in another thread that someone asked if it was ok to have it not actually be your birthday. From what I recall they said it was fine. ...because you only get it once a year anyway, so I guess whats the difference in the day.. At least I hope that is true because I used my trip date as my bday.

Can I use gift cards with the credits on my Landrys card?

Can I just clarify... If I say that my birthday is in January and my trip is in January.. the $25 bday credit would be good for all of January and up to February 15th? Is that correct?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!