Lake Powell To Four Corners Drive Time?

missstcroix

Mouseketeer
Does anyone know how long it would take to drive from Page Arizona to the Four Corners (Arizona, Colorado, NM, UT)??? Any help would be great! THANKS!

Thanks...thats what I was afraid of...we are going out west for Spring Break..starting in Vegas and swinging up and around Utah (Zion and Bryce Canyon) and Lake Powell and Grand Canyon. My son wants to go to 4 corners, but kind of ridiculous to spend the whole day driving back and forth to get there. Will have to wait for another trip I guess.

Tell your son he won't miss a thing. It is sooooo lame. He would have more fun hiking around Lake Powell or even shopping than going to Four Corners. If he is adventerous he might want to try the Buckskin Gulch slot canyon. Something you won't be able to experience anywhere else but Utah/Arizona.

Thanks! That is something I have NEVER heard of...what/where is it??? My boys are almost 10 and 12...they want to rent a boat at Lake Powell too. VERY into hiking and exploring...will be at Zion and Bryce a day each..I figure they will love that.

A slot canyon is a long narrow canyon - usually from 8 to 15 feet wide and anywhere from 30 to 100s of feet deep. The walls are not straight up and down, but they have very cool erosion patterns from the river that carved them. Because of the geology needed to create them they are only found (that I know of) in S. Utah / N. Arizona. If you google 'Buckskin Gulch' there is a lot of info, but this is a pretty good site: http://www.americansouthwest.net/slot_canyons/buckskin_gulch/canyon.html It is located about 35 miles outside of Page on Highway 89 (you will pass it if you are coming to Page from Zion's or Bryce). Your boys will have a GREAT time. Just don't let them talk you into hiking Angels Landing in Zion's Canyon. It is scary for adults and I wouldn't take my 10 year old.

If you do go to Buckskin Gulch, use the Wire Pass trailhead. It is the quickest way to the actual canyon without a lot of hiking.

Thanks so much! Great info. Someone suggested Antelope Canyon to me, I think it is the same kind of "slot" canyon am I right? I am very excited!

Yes - Antelope Canyon is probably the most famous slot canyon. It is just outside of Page and really cool. Not really long or really deep, but the sun lights up the walls differently throughout the day so you never see it the same way twice. It is on an Indian Reservation and they charge you a lot of money IMO to see it and they don't let you stay there too long. That is why I like Buckskin Gulch - less touristy, you can explore it on your own schedule, and it is only a $5 Day Use Fee.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter