Lake Magic RV or Tropical Palms?

Sunny37

DIS Veteran
Trying my best to get FW for Dec 28-Jan 2, but if I can't get it I need a back up plan...any opinions on either of these? We stayed at TP over 10 years ago and it was fine then, but I know things can change. Feels so wrong to be looking at other campgrounds... :-(

I have heard good things about both. TP is a little closer to WDW.

We were supposed to check in at the Fort on 10/7/16 but due to weather postponed leaving till 10/8/16 with hopes that the Fort would open back up on 10/8/16. It takes us about 6 hrs to get to the Fort. When finally got answer that the Fort would not open till Sunday the 9th. I called Tropical Palms and was able to book 1 night in a pull through site. Did not have to unhook trailer with golf cart. We were only there overnight but did check things out when walking the dog. I thought it was very nice and we talked about if we were going to do parks other than Disney then it might be a good option. They have very nice pool area with a few activities. There is a very small putt-putt course. The staff was very nice. After Good Sam's discount it was around $60.00 for 1 night.

The other rv park that came up when looked on the way down was
Sherwood Forest RV Resort
5300 W. Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy. Kissimmee, FL 34746

Looking at website they both looked about the same and were about the same distance to Disney. I just called the first one on the list. After the fact I should have looked to see which one was the closest to where we were coming from.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter