Lake Las Vegas (dead, dying, or deal)

SD33

Mouseketeer
Hey everyone,

My wife and I would like to book a cheap getaway to a sunny, dry place for a three day weekend in Mid May (we're from Seattle). I was looking into Lake Las Vegas cause I think I can priceline the Aston Montelago Village Resort for under $50 a night. We don't want to stay on the strip but I like that they have a shuttle from the resort. The only thing is, from everything I have been reading (and most of it is from 2010) the place appears to be a ghost town. I don't mind it quiet but I don't want to show up and find out that everything is shut down.

What is your opinion of this place. It looks like it has a lot of promise and could be a great deal, but what is the vibe like there?

Thanks!

Watching this thread! We are from Whistler, BC and I just found a great deal to LAX on Virgin from SEA. I need a hot sunny(cheap) spot to head to though!

It's pretty dead up there. A good portion of the shops and restaurants have closed, as well a few of the other hotels and resorts. I would not stay there if you don't have a car and are dependant on only eating and entertaining yourself on what's within walking distance.

I know you said you didn't want to stay on the strip, but you can get strip hotels for $80 a night depending on when you go and if they are having specials, so you can DEFINITELY find something with a better location!

DH and I stayed there back in 08, I think might have been 07. They were still in the building phase and it was beautiful but so far away from EVERYTHING! It was over $100 a cab ride to the strip. It was very relaxing but we haven't stayed since. I like to enjoy the strip when we go and it was just too far gone for our taste (distance taste). My DH is a huge golfer so we stayed cause he golfed the entire time. But, he said my comments on the distance didn't justify the golf.
The last two trips we have stayed at TI and liked it, cheap rooms that have just been renovated.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!