Lake Buena Vista Palace Hotel

MotherKnowsBest

Mouseketeer
Does anyone have a review of Lake Buena Vista Palace Hotel? My husband has a conference there in February and we are trying to decide if we want to stay there. I have been to Disney numerous times but have always stayed on-site and my parents are DVC members so it is usually deluxe accommodations.

We have also booked at Wilderness Lodge but obviously it is over twice the price. POR is another option, only $200 more.

If it is a nice hotel than it is probably the easiest since the conference is held there. Oh and we will be renting a car so NBD about transportation.

Thanks!

I haven't stayed there myself, but it was one of the two hotels we were considering when we booked our next trip. The only thing that persuaded me to book at the hotel we did (Holiday Inn, just up the road), was that I had family staying there, and we thought it would be easier to stay together.

The location of the Palace is wonderful. You are literally across the street from Downtown Disney, and the Disney transportation bus stops. The Palace does run their own bus every half hour, but if you still wanted to use Disney, it's just across the street.

I called the Palace Hotel to ask a few questions, and they were really great. I found out all rooms have a balcony, mini fridge and there is onsite laundry. These were major selling features for us. Plus, you can upgrade your room to a Disney View room in the tower, and watch the fireworks from your balcony if you wanted.

I've stayed at other hotels on this same street before, and actually prefer this area over Disney hotels. I like being able to walk to the shops and restaurants in the evening at DTD, as well as up to the crossroads shopping plaza which is at the other end of Hotel Plaza Blvd. The shuttles, even though not officially Disney, are still great, and right on time.

There was a promotion on their website that I found that said if you stay over 4 (i think) nights you get a $100.00 room credit. Pretty good deal! It's worth checking out.

Good luck! :)

I haven't stayed there myself, but it was one of the two hotels we were considering when we booked our next trip. The only thing that persuaded me to book at the hotel we did (Holiday Inn, just up the road), was that I had family staying there, and we thought it would be easier to stay together.

The location of the Palace is wonderful. You are literally across the street from Downtown Disney, and the Disney transportation bus stops. The Palace does run their own bus every half hour, but if you still wanted to use Disney, it's just across the street.

I called the Palace Hotel to ask a few questions, and they were really great. I found out all rooms have a balcony, mini fridge and there is onsite laundry. These were major selling features for us. Plus, you can upgrade your room to a Disney View room in the tower, and watch the fireworks from your balcony if you wanted.

I've stayed at other hotels on this same street before, and actually prefer this area over Disney hotels. I like being able to walk to the shops and restaurants in the evening at DTD, as well as up to the crossroads shopping plaza which is at the other end of Hotel Plaza Blvd. The shuttles, even though not officially Disney, are still great, and right on time.

There was a promotion on their website that I found that said if you stay over 4 (i think) nights you get a $100.00 room credit. Pretty good deal! It's worth checking out.

Good luck! :)

Thanks for the info. I know I will agonize over the decision, lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter