Laissez Le Bon Temps Rouler: Mardi Gras with the Mouse! Feb 2016 TR **NEW 11/25 *NEW TR LINK

Day 5 Continued: Wednesday February 10th

After a fun morning at DHS with the family, we were ready to head to MK for the afternoon. We got to the car and drove to the TTC, and had to take the ferry over to MK because the monorails were down during the day for maintenance. It was SO cold on that boat ride over!!

DD and I went straight to baby care for her to eat, but DH and DS hung out on Main Street to meet Pluto!

After some puppy kisses they went over to Tomorrowland.

Feb 05-053
by disneymom1024, on Flickr

And they were total jerks and rode the People Mover without me!

Luckily, they had finished up riding and were already on their way to come meet us at baby care because I needed help with a blowout diaper!!

At some point while they were on their own, DH had gotten us some FP+ for Pirates of the Caribbean, so once DD was all cleaned up, we went over to use that.

We stopped at a kiosk once we were done and got FP+ for Winnie the Pooh that we could use soon. But DH was starving at that point from fasting all day, so he decided he was ready for his one big meal of the day. It was a bit early to stop for dinner, but we went ahead and stopped to eat for him. We went to Columbia Harbour House and shared the shrimp & fish basket.

Then we were ready to go over and use our Winnie the Pooh FP. Along the way, I spotted a Photopass photographer by the Tangled tower, so we stopped for some pictures there.

Continued in next post...

Then it was time to go check in with our friends in the Hundred Acre Wood.

We saw some of Cinderella’s friends while walking over.

We were about ready to head back to AKV a bit early, but DH and I were getting a rare treat…a date night! My parents had agreed to stay with the kids for the evening so DH and I could venture out to the parks by ourselves. We decided to use the opportunity to see Wishes without having to keep the kids out late. So while I went over to a FP+ kiosk to get us one for when we got back to MK that night, DH and DS took a spin on the Mad Tea Party.

Feb 05-092

Feb 05-093

Feb 05-095
We met up together and made our way out of MK to make the drive back over to AKV. It was about 5:45 when we got back to the room and bathed the kids, got them ready for bed, and took our own showers so we wouldn’t have to do that when we got back. I got DD down to bed, and DS was up watching some TV when my parents, Katie, and Rebecca arrived. By 7:25, DH and I along with Katie and Rebecca, who also wanted to head out to MK for the evening, were all down by the bus stop waiting for an MK bus.

UP NEXT: Date Night!

I'm sure DS was happy to meet Pluto first thing at MK! Ugh can't believe they rode PeopleMover without you though!!

Sounds like a nice, laid back afternoon in MK. Can't wait to hear about date night!

He was SO into rides these past couple of trips, he really didn't want to do much of anything else, especially not pictures & character meets. The horror! We are such terrible parents. lol

But Moooooommmmm! The rides are so much more funner than getting your stupid picture taken!!! (Or at least that's what I can imagine my nephews saying at DS's age lol)

giphy.gif

We decided to use the opportunity to see Wishes without having to keep the kids out late.

Aww, that's so sweet! What a romantic idea!

Ooohh...love Disney date night! We are at an age now where it's like...OK..."go to bed at 9:30, see you in the morning". Let's just say Jellyroll's is getting a lot more of our money in the future.

But when we came off of TSM, I had a text from him that Stryder had a terrible night, and that they might need to leave with him after breakfast to take him to urgent care or back to the room for the day if he wasn’t feeling any better. He wanted to know if the girls could stay with either us or my parents for the day so they wouldn’t have to miss out.

Oh no! How did this play out? Hope he got better

After another fun ride of rootin’ tootin’ shootin’, we decided to peek in on Sorcerer Mickey! We had stumbled across his new meeting spot in November and even being Thanksgiving week, it hadn’t been very busy, and so we tried our luck there again and found almost no wait at all!

He's in a funny location now for sure, I don't know if ive ever seen a long line!

We had a little time to kill before we were meeting up with everyone else to use our Frozen Singalong FP+, so since we were right there, we stopped in at One Man’s Dream to look around and check out the Zootopia preview.

I love One Man's dream! Would definitely love to peruse it during nap time if they'd allow strollers in LOL ( I know I've said it a million times but it drives me crazy!)

I remember seeing this model of Sleeping Beauty Castle at Disneyland Paris and thinking I’d never get to see it in person. Actually getting to see it was a dream come true!!

Yes!! It is such a stunning castle.

I just love this show. Sorry, not sorry. The songs don’t bug me at all, but probably because DS was only mildly interested in it at the peak of Frozen-mania, so it wasn’t overplayed in our house! I love singing along, and the kids all went nuts over the snoap.

It is so funny, I love the quirky jokes meant for adults too

One of the funniest moments of the trip happened after the pre-show safety spiel and we boarded our StarSpeeder. As we were sitting down, DS took off his Mickey sorcerer hat and asked me in his cute little voice TOTALLY seriously, “Mom, is this a carry on item?”

Paxton is hilarious!

LOL

Along the way, I spotted a Photopass photographer by the Tangled tower, so we stopped for some pictures there.

I don't know if ive ever seen one here! cool!

So while I went over to a FP+ kiosk to get us one for when we got back to MK that night, DH and DS took a spin on the Mad Tea Party.

Good thinking!

By 7:25, DH and I along with Katie and Rebecca, who also wanted to head out to MK for the evening, were all down by the bus stop waiting for an MK bus.

What a fun evening plan!! I hope Delilah stayed asleep for your mom and Paxton went to bed easily.

All caught up! Isn't it funny how having kids changes your must-does at Disney? I think I've seen Fantasmic once in the last 6 years, but I'm sure if I took Landon to a show, it'd become a new tradition.
Glad the DHS fireworks were enjoyable. I was able to see them from Pop back in February, and they looked impressive from that far away. It's good to hear that even if you're not a huge Star Wars fan, the music pairs nicely with the show.

Love the photos of Paxton on the teacups. Pure joy on his face...

I'm sure DS was happy to meet Pluto first thing at MK! Ugh can't believe they rode PeopleMover without you though!!

Sounds like a nice, laid back afternoon in MK. Can't wait to hear about date night!

As much as he protests at times to meeting characters, he sure does love it once it's his turn!

Right?! I couldn't believe they rode my favorite without me again! lol

But Moooooommmmm! The rides are so much more funner than getting your stupid picture taken!!! (Or at least that's what I can imagine my nephews saying at DS's age lol)

This is absolutely his take on the whole thing. lol He is so much more into the rides now!

giphy-gif.194899

EXCELLENT use of a Stephanie Tanner "How Rude"!!! :rotfl:

Aww, that's so sweet! What a romantic idea!

It was now or never. We hardly ever go with other people nowadays that can watch them!

Ooohh...love Disney date night! We are at an age now where it's like...OK..."go to bed at 9:30, see you in the morning". Let's just say Jellyroll's is getting a lot more of our money in the future.

How nice to be able to do that! We are probably going to have to skip MNSSHP, much as it kills me, because I don't know if DD can handle the late night. We're going to do a practice night to see if she can at least sleep in the stroller, but if not, we're not going to drop the big bucks on the party just to have to leave early. I even tried convincing my parents to come with us, but no dice. lol

Oh no! How did this play out? Hope he got better

He ended up feeling better over the next day. They just had trouble with him during the night, it seemed like, throughout the trip. From what they were telling me, I suspected he had croup. But they were able to avoid a trip to urgent care.

He's in a funny location now for sure, I don't know if ive ever seen a long line!

We visited that location a couple times, and it was never busy! Hopefully that's the case at the new M&G at DHS because I'd like to check that one out when we are there in a couple of weeks.

I love One Man's dream! Would definitely love to peruse it during nap time if they'd allow strollers in LOL ( I know I've said it a million times but it drives me crazy!)

I totally understand what you mean! It would be perfect for nap time. It seems they just keep changing out the great Walt Disney film for movie previews, though, which is a bummer. I heard they would be doing a movie preview when we are there in October, and was hoping it would be for Moana, but it's going to be Dr. Strange.

Yes!! It is such a stunning castle.

So incredibly gorgeous. Definitely the prettiest of the 3 I have been able the visit!

It is so funny, I love the quirky jokes meant for adults too

I love when they add in stuff that goes over the kids' heads. Having seen the show on both coasts, I have enjoyed it very much both times!

Paxton is hilarious!

He really is! And I love that it's totally unintentional. :rotfl:

I don't know if ive ever seen one here! cool!

I had never seen one there before, and haven't since. It was a nice surprise! One of my favorite spots in MK!!

All caught up! Isn't it funny how having kids changes your must-does at Disney? I think I've seen Fantasmic once in the last 6 years, but I'm sure if I took Landon to a show, it'd become a new tradition.
Glad the DHS fireworks were enjoyable. I was able to see them from Pop back in February, and they looked impressive from that far away. It's good to hear that even if you're not a huge Star Wars fan, the music pairs nicely with the show.

Love the photos of Paxton on the teacups. Pure joy on his face...

Yep, as he has gotten older it has totally changed the way we plan out our trips. We never cared about Fantasmic before, now we have to add it in at least once.

I was surprised how much I enjoyed the Star Wars fireworks. I had really be looking forward to the Galactic Spectacular as well, but thought it was less impressive than the fireworks.

He LOVES that ride! DH can usually get the best photos of him on that ride having the time of his life.

Sorry for the long time since the last update. It's been a crazy couple of weeks as we had a stomach bug tearing through the house, getting all of us except DD, thank goodness. On with the updates!

We arrived at MK and got through the tapstiles just as the 8 pm MSEP was coming down the street.

Feb 05-096
After making our way up to the hub, we decided to split up. Katie & Rebecca wanted to go ride Space Mountain, but DH and I wanted to ride something else we can’t ride with DS…Haunted Mansion!

But the real reason we had come to MK that night was for the nighttime shows! So after HM, we went back out to the hub to find a spot to watch Celebrate the Magic and Wishes!

It was so nice to get to stand and watch Wishes without worrying that my kids were overtired, or that their ears were protected enough, and how we were going to navigate the stroller out with the hordes of people! But it was tough standing in one spot when it was SO cold outside!

After Wishes, we decided to try our luck getting on 7DMT since we hadn’t been able to ride at night yet. Unfortunately, pretty much everyone else in the park had the same idea and the line had been flooded with people just before we arrived there. So instead, we went over to ride something else we hadn’t been able to ride together in a long time, Big Thunder Mountain!

Feb 05-125

Feb 05-126

We waited less than 10 minutes before we were on board the wildest ride in the wilderness!

Untitled
Mom & Dad selfie, complete with photobomber.

After getting whipped around on that and freezing our cheeks off, we wanted to do something indoors! So we walked right on to Pirates of the Caribbean.

By the time we came off of that, the cold was really getting to us. It wasn’t as enjoyable as we thought walking around the park just the two of us would be, because all we could think about was staying warm! So we decided we were ready to call it a night. We passed through the Emporium before exiting.

Katie and Rebecca met us at the bus stop, and we rode back to AKV. DS had gone to sleep in our bed so that my parents could stay in the living room watching TV while the kids slept. They helped us get the sofa bed ready for him before leaving to go back to their resort, and DH managed to scoop up DS and deposit him in his bed without waking him up. Then it was off to bed for the two of us!

UP NEXT: One More Disney Day

Oh no I hope you are all feeling better!

Beautiful Wishes pictures!

I'm glad you were able to do Haunted Mansion and BTMRR together! It stinks that the cold had to cut your night short :(

Fun evening out and so nice you could watch Wishes without all the worry, and then stay later to enjoy BTMRR, thought the cold was too bad. I'm still unsure about Jan/Feb trips. Between the chillier-than-I-like cruise in 2015 and WDW in 2016, I need to find a better spot for Aria's birthday. Maya is in November so that is a much better time to go (and new little one will be april). Maybe Hawaii? IDK! Or just stick to *my* birthday in October which it's been like 3 years since I celebrated it at Disney! boo!

Anwayyyyy glad Paxton fell asleep okay and you guys were able to move him over. Looking forward to more!

I know I have said it before but your DH takes beautiful pictures. The castle and fireworks pictures are the best. Sorry you missed 7 dwarfs at night but BTMRR is a close second. It's so much more fun at night.

I second your DH's pictures! I'm always impressed with the amazing pictures he takes on dark rides like Pirates and HM. It sounds like you had a fun date night, even though the cold cut your night short by a bit.

Great morning pictures in MK, despite the crane. Nice use of photoshop. It really looks like you had a couple of nice days going back and forth between MK and DHS.

I know your pictures with the heart prop in DHS were frustrating for you, but I thought the look on Paxton's face was hilarious. Clearly he wasn't amused.

The carry on story from Star Tours was great too.

Love the kid free date night time in MK. Too bad the cold weather was so brutal though!

The songs don’t bug me at all
Or you could say the songs never bothered you anyway.

Didn't you guys catch something before this February trip? It should be a rule that parents can't get sick twice in a year! That's just unfair!

Love that you decided to ride some attractions that you normally can't do together. What a nice little break away from the kiddos. (I'm sure the memory of that helped in deciding to do a getaway for the MegaMeet.)

Beautiful Wishes shots!

Hooray on successfully transferring DS to his bed. That's a tricky task!

Oh no I hope you are all feeling better!

Beautiful Wishes pictures!

I'm glad you were able to do Haunted Mansion and BTMRR together! It stinks that the cold had to cut your night short

It was rough around our house for a few days. Luckily DD managed to escape the virus!

Thanks!

It was nice getting to do rides like that together for a change. But it was definitely disappointing that it was too cold to be as enjoyable as we would have liked.

Fun evening out and so nice you could watch Wishes without all the worry, and then stay later to enjoy BTMRR, thought the cold was too bad. I'm still unsure about Jan/Feb trips. Between the chillier-than-I-like cruise in 2015 and WDW in 2016, I need to find a better spot for Aria's birthday. Maya is in November so that is a much better time to go (and new little one will be april). Maybe Hawaii? IDK! Or just stick to *my* birthday in October which it's been like 3 years since I celebrated it at Disney! boo!

Anwayyyyy glad Paxton fell asleep okay and you guys were able to move him over. Looking forward to more!

While better than sweating in 100 degree heat and humidity, it was almost TOO cold. It was like we could never really warm up! I spent way too much time worrying that the kids were too cold too. November & April are both great times to go! Hawaii would be amazing too. And there's so much to do that it will still be enjoyable even if you don't spend the whole time at the beach. I'm really itching to go back too. We would love to do a few days at our timeshare and spend those days sightseeing, then spend a few days at Aulani relaxing.

It was definitely nice that moving him around worked out okay. I had been a little worried about that because he's a light sleeper for the most part. But I guess so much Disney time had him really worn out!

I know I have said it before but your DH takes beautiful pictures. The castle and fireworks pictures are the best. Sorry you missed 7 dwarfs at night but BTMRR is a close second. It's so much more fun at night.

Thank you so much! It's a hobby that has turned into somewhat of a passion for him over the years.

BTMRR is awesome at night! I had forgotten just how much so. And it's one of DH's favorite rides, but we have tended to skip it over the past few years while DS doesn't want to ride because it's just not as much fun alone. So it was nice to get to enjoy it together again!

I second your DH's pictures! I'm always impressed with the amazing pictures he takes on dark rides like Pirates and HM. It sounds like you had a fun date night, even though the cold cut your night short by a bit.

Thanks!! I think one of his favorite things about our trips is getting new shots on the dark rides and at the nighttime shows! Although it was really cold, it was nice to get a few hours of time to ourselves for a change!

Great morning pictures in MK, despite the crane. Nice use of photoshop. It really looks like you had a couple of nice days going back and forth between MK and DHS.

I know your pictures with the heart prop in DHS were frustrating for you, but I thought the look on Paxton's face was hilarious. Clearly he wasn't amused.

The carry on story from Star Tours was great too.

Love the kid free date night time in MK. Too bad the cold weather was so brutal though!

Or you could say the songs never bothered you anyway.

Photoshopping those pictures made DH absolutely crazy, but it was worth it! I loved how those pictures came out.

I can laugh about it now, though I was annoyed at the time. He looks like the most miserable kid in Disney in the history of ever. lol

That moment totally cracked me up! It was so cute and unexpected.

HAHA! That's pretty perfect.

Didn't you guys catch something before this February trip? It should be a rule that parents can't get sick twice in a year! That's just unfair!

Love that you decided to ride some attractions that you normally can't do together. What a nice little break away from the kiddos. (I'm sure the memory of that helped in deciding to do a getaway for the MegaMeet.)

Beautiful Wishes shots!

Hooray on successfully transferring DS to his bed. That's a tricky task!

Yeah, I think it was me that got sick before February. And then we had the issue with the floors flooding in the house. :faint: We have less than a week to go before we leave for our last hurrah with these APs, so I sure hope we stay healthy until then! *Knocks furiously on wood*

It was definitely nice, and it helped persuade me on going to the Mega Meet to remember how nice it was to enjoy Disney for a little while without the kids.

Thanks!

It absolutely is, especially with him because he tends to be a light sleeper.

Day 6: Thursday February 11th

Our alarms went off at 6:30, and it was the start of our very last Disney day! We wanted to catch the Magic Kingdom welcome show, so we were getting an early start to the day. And we wanted to take Disney transportation. So after a quick breakfast in the room and getting dressed, we made our way down to the bus stop at 7:45. DS was attending to some very important business on the notepad and pen he found in the room.

Untitled

The bus arrived right at 8 am, and we were off to Magic Kingdom! We got to the park by 8:20, so we had plenty of time for picture taking before the welcome show.

If you remember my previous TR for October, we had also saved our welcome show viewing for our last day of the trip, and had gotten a shortened version with no singing & dancing and no train, just the characters waving. We had been disappointed with that, and as such, had been really looking forward to seeing it this trip. Well, if we had found that morning in October to be disappointing, this was even more so! After all the usual announcements to gather in the center of the plaza for the best viewing of the welcome show, there was no show at all! No one came out to the train station either. They simply made an announcement that the park was now open and popped off the little fireworks they usually do after the performance. LAME! But we went ahead with our day enjoying MK one more time for this trip.

We decided to hit Peter Pan first because we didn’t have a FP+ for it, so we headed through the Castle to Fantasyland.

Feb 06-007

Since we didn’t have FP booked for this, it was our first time going through the new and improved queue! It’s absolutely ADORABLE! It takes you through the nursery at the Darling home, and then you’re sprinkled with some of Tinkerbell’s pixie dust.

Feb 06-008

Feb 06-009
As it typically happens on our trips, our last day has the least amount of pictures. Lol So here is the one and only we have from Peter Pan.

Feb 06-010

I had really wanted to do the Rapunzel & Cinderella side of Princess Fairytale Hall before it got stupid busy, but DD was asleep in the carrier. So instead we walked on to Small World.

Feb 06-011
Representing the Who Dat nation!

Feb 06-012

Feb 06-013

Feb 06-014

Feb 06-015

Feb 06-016

Feb 06-017

Feb 06-019

Feb 06-020

Feb 06-021

Feb 06-022

Feb 06-023

DS gave the Sword in the Stone a try as we passed through on our way to Dumbo.

DD and I went over to baby care while DH and DS decided to hang around Storybook Circus and ride Barnstormer.

Feb 06-032

Feb 06-033
The train sitting at the station

Feb 06-034

Feb 06-036

Feb 06-037

Day 6 Continued: Thursday February 11th

After Barnstormer, they used the FP+ we had reserved for Tomorrowland Speedway. I wasn’t too disappointed to miss out on this one!

Feb 06-038

Feb 06-039

Feb 06-041

Feb 06-042
Look at that intense concentration!
Then they went back to Dumbo to play in the play area at DS’s insistence.

Feb 06-043

Feb 06-044

Feb 06-045
After DD was done, DH and I agreed to meet up in Tomorrowland so that I could finally get a chance to ride the People Mover. As we approached the queue, we saw the ride was down! I couldn’t believe for yet another trip, I was missing out on one of my favorites!

Instead, we decided to go see the Carousel of Progress, another old favorite. But not as good as the People Mover!

It was about time for our lunch ADR at Be Our Guest. We’ve had dinner here before and really enjoyed it, but I was excited to try out lunch this time! My parents, Katie & Rebecca had all been on board with picking this lunchtime spot, but DH wasn’t interested in any of the offerings, so he decided to eat elsewhere, so we split up at this point. I met up with everyone else in front of BoG while DH went off to find his own lunch.

Over at BoG, we only waited a few minutes before we were brought inside to confirm our order and pay. Then we received our enchanted rose and went inside to find a table. We ended up staying in the main ballroom because we needed a bigger table and we found one quickly.

Gio-709
DD was being pretty cute while we waited for our food to come around.

Gio-714

Gio-721

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled
After a few minutes, our lunches arrived!

Gio-728

My mom and I both had the turkey sandwich with fries, and I had added the Master’s Cupcake to mine.

Untitled

Untitled
My dad, Katie, and Rebecca all had the braised pork with French onion soup.

Untitled
DS had the grilled cheese with tomato soup, and I gave him some of my fries because I knew he wouldn’t eat the soup. He was pretty frustrating during this meal, because he refused to eat the sandwich even though he eats grilled cheese all of the time at home.

Gio-712

Eventually, we got him to lighten up and eat a bit, but he was really getting me upset. I hate arguing with him about food!

Gio-719
On top of fussing with him, DD was a real bear during this meal as well. A big problem DH and I found on this trip was that everyone at our meals were quick to say they would hold her and “give us a break”…until the food showed up. Then she would be dumped back in one of our laps before we could even take a bite of food. I had gotten a high chair for her, but like at Via Napoli, she was having trouble holding herself up in a sitting position with the low back, and even giving her toys, all she wanted to do was throw them on the floor. Finally, my dad took her in his lap, but she grabbed a handful of green beans right off his plate, and when she ended up back with me, she stuck her hand right in the frosting of my cupcake!! So most of this meal, I spent cleaning her hands or her toys while simultaneously trying to shove my food in my mouth while it was still fresh. Despite it being a more frustrating overall experience because of the kids, the food was great, and the atmosphere is obviously superior to any other QS places in the parks!

Untitled
As we were wrapping up our meal, I texted DH to see where he was. He had grabbed some lunch at Pecos Bill's. It was his first time there with the new menu, and he enjoyed his lunch. He got the Fajita platter, which comes with barbacoa beef and chicken, cilantro rice, beans, and tortilla. I'm sure he got it without the beans because he doesn't like them, but that should be everything else on the plate.

IMG_0688

He was done eating as well, so we made a plan to meet up in front of our last FP+ attraction.

UP NEXT: Fit For A Princess

It's so hard to be able to eat whenever the kids won't co-operate! I feel ya there. :sad2: My youngest sounds like your DS. She will complain about just about everything she eats. Drives me up the wall!:scared: I'm sorry your family didn't help while you were eating. That's not very nice. I sure hope this day gets better for you. Keep it coming. This report makes me feel better about how my kids act, at least I know I'm not alone. :tongue:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter