Ladies and gentlemen boys and girls tonigth .......

Discussion in 'Disney Discount Codes and Rates' started by danny25, Apr 24, 2013.

1. TheDisney411

TheDisney411 DIS Veteran

Yes, simply call Disney reservations and have them modify your existing reservation and they will credit you the difference. You do NOT have to cancel. Some resorts and room categories will sell out of free dining discounts before others, so it's always good to have a back up room category or resort. But usually if you call the first day, it shouldn't even be an issue.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. TheRatPack

TheRatPack Under penalty of law this tag not to be removed ex

Yea, I guess I could always move it a week later if that date gets released......I'm going to book the 21st and that way at least we have a vacation booked :). Can't wait until MAY!!!!

4. girlsx2

girlsx2 <font color=teal>The Tag Fairy loves and appreciat

I've been waiting for this!! Now to see if I can wait until May 9th to book!! Have been wanting to go for my birthday FOREVER!!! Thank You, Thank You!!!

5. TheDisney411

TheDisney411 DIS Veteran

I seriously doubt these dates are off. A room only discount could be released at a later date.

6. pinkerbell

pinkerbell FREE DDP 06, 07, 08, 09 & 10!!

Thank you Danny! :thumbsup2 :goodvibes :cheer2: :grouphug:pixiedust:

7. black562

black562 DIS Veteran

Remember too that they don't release them all for Visa holders, so if something is sold out, many times it will be available for the public release.

Under normal circumstances, it's not a problem. If you have a moderate resort booked, I'd say you're fine. It's the hot items like LM rooms that are tough. This is why I don't book until promo date, then I just tell them the resort and they can find anything available...as opposed to having a river view room booked already that may not be available when I call. Plus, if the first resort I ask for is sold out (never had it happen), there are plenty more.

I plan on going with a moderate, so I don't see any trouble getting something.

8. BabyCrazyKCmommy

BabyCrazyKCmommy Mouseketeer

Thank you thank you
    Sounds like I will be changing it to FD then as both kids are under 10 with 2 adults its a better savings.

Yay so excited!!!:yay:

9. Chris&Jeremy

Chris&Jeremy Mouseketeer

BTW, slightly off-topic, but did I miss any discounts for the May time-period? We have gone the first few weeks of May previously and there were either roo-only or FD discounts, but I have not seen anything prior to June.

10. stitchfriend

stitchfriend Mouseketeer

That's great news to hear. Just wish I was able to take advantage of it. May have to wait til next year. Hope they will have in FD 2014.

Congrats to everyone who can take advantage of it this year.

11. TheDisney411

TheDisney411 DIS Veteran

Each resort is only allotted so many FD rooms under each promo. For example, Pop Century is allocated 100 FD standard rooms, if they sell all 100 of those FD standard rooms before you call, you would not be able to apply the FD code to your existing reservation, even if your existing reservation is at Pop Century in a standard room. You could then ask of they have availability at a preferred room at Pop or ask if they have availability at All Star Movies with a standard room. This really isn't an issue if you call within the first few days of a FD promo and they will credit you the difference, but you at not guaranteed a FD discount because you have an existing reservation.

12. TheDisney411

TheDisney411 DIS Veteran

Good idea!

13. Zeppelin

Zeppelin DIS Veteran

uh, i don't know...for the most part, in this country at least, Labor Day weekend is generally viewed as the end of summer....

14. TheDisney411

TheDisney411 DIS Veteran

I believe the end date for booking the May room only discounts was March 29th.

15. tigerfan2012

tigerfan2012 Mouseketeer

Does the entire party have to be present for checkin by the 25th? If I have inlaws check in on the 25th and stay with us and we arrive on the 26th will the FD be honored?

16. smitch425

smitch425 DIS Veteran

Those discounts came out in Dec/jan and had to be booked by 3/31. There is a current PIN code for a room discount, but it has been out awhile. If it didn't get emailed or snail mailed to you, you can't use it.

17. black562

black562 DIS Veteran

Which is why it pays to just call when it becomes available. Then if your choice is booked, there's plenty of other resorts. Also, to add to what you said, on top of a certain number of rooms per resort...there also can be a certain number of room types within a resort. So for example if you have a riverside view, there may only be a few of those available, vs more garden-view rooms.

Keep in mind, that on the first morning it will pretty much be us tying up the lines. The emails don't even go out until later in the morning, so just because there's a long wait doesn't mean there are thousands ahead of you...more like a few dozen, as it takes a long time to make a booking.

I've never had any trouble getting Pop when it was a new resort, or getting Riverside, which is a popular moderate, even calling a few days later. I'm going moderate this time around, just for a change of pace. I've stayed at nearly all of them but not Coronado, so I may want to give it a try.

18. jenseib

jenseib Mommy to Claire

Yes that one is over with. Probably for almost a month now

19. smitch425

smitch425 DIS Veteran

Are you in the same room?

20. grkmbee

grkmbee Mouseketeer

Any ideas whether or not Nemo rooms are included? For the Summer Discount (General and AP) the Nemos were not included (or sold out by 7:05 AM) on the day the offers were released. No AAA discount for them either.

21. smitch425

smitch425 DIS Veteran

Danny didn't say they were excluded, so you have a good chance. Good luck!:goodvibes