Ladies and gentlemen boys and girls tonigth .......

Discussion in 'Disney Discount Codes and Rates' started by danny25, Apr 24, 2013.

1. jska482

jska482 Mouseketeer

What do you think this means for the early October dates? I was thinking the late summer offer would extend into October because Columbus Day fell later. I just wonder if the next couple weeks will be blacked out before the October promo starts. My dates are 10/2-10/7

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. brizzer79

brizzer79 Earning My Ears

Danny I am new to most of this but around here you are spoken of as a sort of DisGod:) Can you please tell me if this post means Campsites are included or not going to be included in the promotion? It is nice to finally catch up with one of your posts:)

4. Pirate princess 2

Pirate princess 2 Mouseketeer

I am actually shocked and quite disappointed that there is nothing the last week of August. After all these years of Disney offering a discount that week, it is quite shocking. Maybe they will extend the summer promo for those of us wanting to go the end of August.

5. TheDisney411

TheDisney411 DIS Veteran

Depending on your room category, a 30% room only discount should save you around $60 to $90 per night. Even if your kids are both under 10, a FD discount should save you at least $138 per night. If one or both kids are over 10, the FD discount will save you even substantially more.

6. Chris&Jeremy

Chris&Jeremy Mouseketeer

I have a feeling they wouldn't have this apply then - the Tower of Terror Ten Miler weekend is 10/4-10/6, so I wouldn't think they would discount anything when they have a captive audience.

Edit: It would be nice, though, because those are basically the same dates we're going!

7. skellinton

skellinton Mouseketeer

Fall may not officially start until September 21 , but I think most people think of summer as June, July, August- probably because of school calendars. School typically starts in September, so for most that is the end of summer.

8. Mom2Cody06

Mom2Cody06 DIS Veteran

Woohoo!!

9. brizzer79

brizzer79 Earning My Ears

I am a family of 4 and have crunched my numbers and there is no comparison... FD all the way baby!!

10. 2009CAN

2009CAN Mouseketeer

Sorry, I probably worded that wrong. We have three different rooms booked. One room only had one adult in it who has yet to purchase tickets. Am I incorrect to think that single person/room reservation could modify their reservation and add park tickets and get FD? Maybe I'm not understanding it correctly, which is likely.

11. TheDisney411

TheDisney411 DIS Veteran

They most likely will have room discounts that week.

12. TheRatPack

TheRatPack Under penalty of law this tag not to be removed ex

I'm glad there is new out :) Now to crunch numbers......
    #1 Travel September 21st and hit the beginning of F&W and MNSSHP or
    #2 Travel September 28th (that would mean waiting out another discount and praying it even covered that week).

I'm a terrible gambler.....anyone want to give me odds on the 2nd scenario playing out in my favor LOL

13. amberann6783

amberann6783 Earning My Ears

you have made my day!!!!! :rotfl2:

14. SlightlyocdDisneyfan

SlightlyocdDisneyfan Mouseketeer

And Oct. 5th included in there too, please? :rotfl2:

But, seriously, thank you Danny and Black! Great to hear the latest news and see so many people happy today!!

15. black562

black562 DIS Veteran

Oh of course, all you have to do is add on the required items and good to go. That is, as long as there is availability in the room selection you currently have.

16. BabyTinkerbell321

BabyTinkerbell321 Earning My Ears

Hi.....if I am already booked for Sept 20th to the 26th can I call Disney and receive this promotion when it becomes available? Thanks!!!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

17. tigerfan2012

tigerfan2012 Mouseketeer

Is there any chance the days are a little off? Im on a Disney Cruise until the 26th and checking in on the 26th of Sept and staying for 3 nights. Are there any options for missing it by a day?

18. jska482

jska482 Mouseketeer

I am confused...how could the room not be available when you call to add free dining if you already have it booked? Maybe your particular room preference is excluded? I thought if u already have ressie, you just call and they reduce your total pkg cost.

19. TheDisney411

TheDisney411 DIS Veteran

I think there is a good chance for September 28 being included later, buy I'm not a gambler either, take the guaranteed dates :-)

20. smitch425

smitch425 DIS Veteran

That's not how it works. They only set aside a certain percentage of rooms for each deal. Not everyone at the resort will get free dining. That is why Visa holders get a head start. Once the rooms for the discount are claimed, that's it. It is best to call first thing in the morning to get in on any offered deal. Most resorts will have a lot of rooms, but AoA standard rooms and rooms at POFQ are pretty limited because there are not a lot of them even without a discount.

21. jenjersnap

jenjersnap yadda yadda yadda

I am a terrible gambler too. Knowing FD is a sure thing, I would do it, especially if you have kids or plan to stay at a value or moderate. Two adults at a deluxe though? Might be worth waiting out. Traditionally, there has been a discount in fall but who knows this year. Wish we could move our trip, I would do it in a second!