La Brea Bakery - PS worth it?

thatgirl'smom

Earning My Ears
We'll be at the DL resort for three nights, so I have PS for dinner at the Rainforest Cafe and Goofy's Kitchen. I made PS for the first night there at La Brea Bakery (based on their menu online) and now I'm starting to feel indecisive.

We're driving up from San Diego early in the morning, spending the day at DL, then heading to our room for pool/rest. I imagine we'll be quite tired and my husband says he wants a sit down meal each evening... we'll head to one of the parks for the rest of the night (as late as we can stand it!). La Brea Bakery looks like it has good food, but is it really casual and loud? I'm imagining it like Panera with wait staff? If so, perhaps we ought to switch to Storyteller's (we're staying at the GCH), but they're menu didn't really excite me, with the exception of make your own pizza for my daughter.

Any advice or opinions about La Brea Bakery for a sit down meal? Thanks!

:disrocks:

I didn't sit down to eat at La Brea Bakery and I don't think you'll need PS. The sit down area doesn't look crowded all the time. I bought breakfast (muffins & scones) and I will not buy them again from there. It wasn't worth the $$ paid.

Oh man, I love La Brea!!! Actually the only thing I've ever ate there is their white cheddar macaroni, and it is pretty much to die for :rotfl: It is so good that when we came home I looked around for a copykat recipe like mad! I ordered at the counter and ate it back at the hotel so I haven't actually sat down to eat there, but definitely worth stopping in for lunch inbetween parks. From what I recall the eating area wasn't that big either, more cafe style?

Ate Breakfast there once. Big mistake. Everybody and their dog was there and the service was slow. The price was astronomical. :earseek: Food was good. As far as a sit-down dinner goes I thought that it was more of a counter service place. (bistro style) If your husband wants to be pampered at a sit down restaurant, then I'd pick someplace else.

Ok, I wasn't that thrilled with La Brea. We had dinner there. It was ok. I would do Rain Forest, Naples, or the New Orleans style place. Can't remember the name of it right now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter