Kudos to my guide & SSR

JPC

Mouseketeer
Not sure if this should be in planning but I wanted to say thanks to my DVC guide Gib McCain. I called him and left him a message about going to SSR for the first time and not having my permanent DVC ID. I have to say I was skeptical if he would call me back. My slepticism was not based on Gib but on the whole sales industry itself. If there were dollars involved, a call back would be guaranteed.

Sure enough, Gib called me back and set up temporary cards at SSR and reordered permanent replacements.

My first visit to a DVC property was fine.

SSR was interesting. After reading all of the negative posts, SSR was fine with me. What I first noticed was the sidewalks and the decorative holes. This is a no-no for the Northern USA with the snow, ice and salt. But this Florida, so no cracking and chipping.

The second thing I noticed was the lighting in the bedrooms. I was not impressed.

I rented a car so buses were not an issue. The fitness center is great as should any new facility should be. The front security was very pleasant.

We used to stay at GF (just a couple times). When you pulled up to GF, it was like grand central station with the comings and goings. SSR seemed deserted compared to GF. What I miss at GF is the lobby and the Christmas tree. SSR's lobby is fine but no where near GF quality but to be fair, the design concept is totally different, planning wise.

Overall, I was treated well by the CMs', my room was fine and SSR was okay with me.

Whenever the next DVC comes out which I think will not be soon, it will be interesting to see if they convert Contemporary to DVC.

Now, let's get that monorail to SSR!

Thanks for the info. My husbarnd and I stayed at GF in 98, and were spoiled by the monorail service. Our last trip was in September of 05 with our 3 yr old and went the cheaper route, PCR. It was tough getting used to the bus transportation when we were last spoiled with the monorail. A monorail at SSR would be a dream come true, but I don't see it happening. I think there may be a better chance of Contrmporary going DVC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter