Kouzina

bluejasmine

DIS Veteran
Hi all! We have an ADR here for our anniversary b/c we will be at HS that day & I was wondering if anyone really enjoyed their dinner here? I keep reading bad reviews on dinner for some reason?

ASMU/POR Dec 16-22, 2012 & POFQ Sept 8-15, 2013

We really enjoyed our dinner there on our 2011 trip, not sure if it has changed any since then, but the menu seems to be pretty much the same. I would go back. Highly recommend the Saganaki appetizer if you are a cheese lover, Yum!

Posted from Disboards.com App for Android

I can't say I didn't like it but it wasn't that memorable either. Part of the problem might have been me as I went with a steak. Maybe had I gone with with something that could have been more creative I would have thought differently about it. Overall I don't think it will be by any means an awful experience and would give it a chance.

We had a great dinner (and a breakfast) at Kouzzina in August 2012. My super-picky son loved the calamari. Our server was wonderful, too. We will be having dinner there again this August.

Our Ratings of Kouzzina (dinner): (rev 3/5/2013)
. . . food price value: C
. . . food quality: D
. . . food quantity per serving: B
. . . food prep speed: C
. . . food selection: C
. . . seating quantity: B
. . . seating comfort: C
. . . eatery atmosphere: D
. . . eatery convenience: C
. . . staff friendliness: B
. . . staff attentiveness: D
. . . character interaction: n/a

NOTE: The food, although named "Greek" resembled Greek in name only.
Very, very Americanized. My $32-steak was dry and her $27-lamb was
overcooked. Both had to be sent back to the kitchen. The daughter had
the sampler. Pretty small, 6-7 bites for the three items. Poor room design
makes terrible/horrible acoustics, making it one of the noisiest eateries in
WDW, worse than Chef Mickey’s on a bad day. As many people have offered,
the service is VERY spotty. We waited 19-minutes to see the waiter AFTER
being seated (seated at 5:54pm, waiter at 6:13pm). If anything, go for the
breakfast and have dinner elsewhere.

THINK; For breakfast it's the grapes . . . For dinner it's the pits.

My family usually likes it! It's a nice atmosphere an the steak is very good! It's a place we keep going back to every trip!

My husband loved, loved, loved the pork chop. He would go back everyday for that dish alone.
I thought the sampler trio was just so-so.
BTW, my husband is the picky eater. Not me.

We like it. The calamari, and the goat cheese appetizer are both awesome, we really enjoyed them. The bread and oils they bring are really good. We got full just on appetizers and bread.

I've had the steak, it was pretty good. DH loves the cinnamon-stewed chicken. I've had the sampler, which was okay. I've also had the pastistio (spelling?) which is very rich and creamy with pasta. The sampler appetizer is nice, maybe not worth $18, but we tried it once.

We enjoy it, although the comments about noise are valid. On our last visit we were seated very close to the door to the waiting area, and that location pretty much sucked.

As to the food, we love the cinnamon chicken so much that we make it at home. Last visit i had the fisherman's stew, and it was fabulous.

I am a converted Kouzzina fan. :goodvibes

First time I went . . . eh, not so good.

Second time, DELISH!!

FYI, we get a couple of appetizers and split the Fisherman Stew entree. :thumbsup2 So yummy. Our favorite appetizers are the Calamari (I see a theme on this thread), Shrimp, and Sampler Platter.

Hope that helps make your decision. :) Happy Anniversary!

I'd go back there again for the sangria and avgolemono soup alone. I second the saganaki. That makes a meal for me. A very good meal.

I don't think DH loved what he had, but overall we liked the menu enough to want to do it again.

Just had to jump in to say we LOVED it when it was Spoodles! The sangria was sooo good, & I loved, loved, loved the balsamic strawberry cheesecake - it was authentic cheesecake w/ this wonderful pairing of fresh strawberries w/ a balsamic drizzle. DH said their calamari was some of the best he'd ever had, & the bread & dips appetizer was yummy!

We haven't been since it changed to Kouzzina!

I miss Spoodles!!

Sad to say--it was the meal I was looking most forward too, but the worst meal we had.

My entree--the traditional fish was the best choice of the table. But it was very oily--had a nice flavor though

My DS and DD had the Cinnamon Stewed chicken--yuck!! Nothing like eating chicken that had a ton of cinnamon on it--total bomb, in a bad way

My DH had Greek lasagna--again flavored overpoweringly with cinnamon. Horrible

If anything is described in the menu has having cinnamon in stay away!!

My kids watch Iron Chef and were so excited that they were going to eat something an Iron Chef would prepare. They left wondering how this lady was an iron chef.

We thought the restaurant was really nice and loved to walk on the Boardwalk after we ate (to the pizza place so my family could eat something they liked).

Be careful of you food choices.

We absolutely love Kouzzina and think it is one of the very best restaurants at Disney. I don't doubt those that had a disappointing experience but we have had many breakfasts and dinners, all were fantastic. We recently had a dreadful experience at Sanaa, a restaurant with excellent reviews so clearly, anyone can have an off night. I can't disagree about the acoustics/noise level but the food and service have always been outstanding. Try the Pork Tenderloin with Feta Gremolata, so good!!

I've had breakfast there twice and loved it. Food and service were both great. We've only had dinner there once and that was enough. The food wasn't bad, just not memorable, but the service was horrible. We were in there almost two hours and never saw our waiter except when we ordered our meal and when we had to send someone after him to get our check. We asked another passing waiter twice for our glasses to be refilled and never did get a refill, so was without tea for almost the whole meal. That was the same waiter we had to send after ours, just to get the check after we had been sitting there tapping our fingers on the table and obviously looking around for him for over 20 minutes.

Thank you everyone I think for now I will keep this ADR, I know you can have bad experiences everywhere even off property I was just a little worried reading all the bad reviews especially with our ADR being on our anniversary, but all the replys have been pretty much encouraging!

My DS and DD had the Cinnamon Stewed chicken--yuck!! Nothing like eating chicken that had a ton of cinnamon on it--total bomb, in a bad way

My DH had Greek lasagna--again flavored overpoweringly with cinnamon. Horrible

Funny, my DH had the cinnamon stewed chicken and loved it. I didn't care for it. But I know I don't like the combination of cinnamon and chicken together. That just sounds gross to me. So I guess it's all relative to your tastebuds. LOL

I did have the Greek Lasagna and there was no cinnamon in it at all, so maybe they prepared it differently? I don't know. We were just there at the end of February.

I agree it's not up to par with "Iron Chef" quality. I would have expected it to be better than it was, but I didn't think it was horrible.

What was disappointing to me was the limited choices. There's not a lot on the menu. And the kids menu is even more limited, IMO.

We had breakfast there also, and that was much better than dinner.

I've recently downloaded a bunch of my WDW photos from an SD card. I've posted the Kouzzina photos I had on my wordpress blog. http://wp.me/p1RJwY-7d :goodvibes

(Unfortunately, the calamari appetizer and steak dinner was on another SD card.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter