kona

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by ariel5884, Dec 6, 2012.

1. ariel5884

ariel5884 Mouseketeer<br><a href="http://www.disboards.com/s

How are the macadamia pineapple pancakes at Kona? I have had the sweet potato ones at the wave and they are delicious.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. mom2of2

mom2of2 DIS Veteran

They are really good, but a huge portion. Ask for some strawberry compote to try with them

4. bcrook

bcrook DIS Veteran

First of all, those sweet potato pancakes at the Wave were really good! At Kona I had the Big Kahuna which had pancakes, pineapple sauce, and some WONDERFUL macadamian butter. Hmmmmmm!

I don't remember the portion being too big as part of the kahuna. I also ordered tonga toast on the side. The pancakes were much better than the 'toast'.

And don't forget the coffee.

5. ttintagel

ttintagel DIS Veteran

Just tasted them a few days ago. DELICIOUS.

6. GATORinaZ28

GATORinaZ28 DIS Dad#764

One word: DELICIOUS! I dont remember them being a huge portion, but I also eat too much when I vacation.

7. purple figment

purple figment DIS Veteran

The Macadamia Pineapple pancakes are so good. I like them more than the Tonga Toast. There are pieces of macadamia nuts in the pancakes as well as in the butter that is served with them. And they are topped with pineapple sauce.

The pancakes on the Big Kahuna plate are different. There are no mac nuts in the pancakes. Instead they are plain pancakes served with the mac nut butter and pineapple topping.

8. bcrook

bcrook DIS Veteran

Sounds even better! Can't wait to try them. It's that macadamian butter that mesmerized me! :goodvibes

9. Belle5

Belle5 DIS Veteran

Had them two trips ago and dreamed about them for a year. Had them again in may and everyone in our party were shocked and disappointed at how dry and gross they were... It was so disappointing I can't ever imagine risking it again. Probably won't happen to you, but...

10. tink68

tink68 Mouseketeer

They are wonderful! :worship: