Kona Cafe

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by Tanyabeth8, Sep 24, 2012.

1. Tanyabeth8

Tanyabeth8 Mouseketeer

Anyone know what is on the new dinner menu?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. cybrkitn

cybrkitn We called it Bonko

You can view the menu both at allears.net and Disney's web site. I just made reservations there for our December trip after it was highly recommended by DISers (and the CM I spoke with).

4. Tanyabeth8

Tanyabeth8 Mouseketeer

When I looked at allears earlier today it said it was updated in August, but the other day on here someone said they changed the menu last week and the ribeye was no longer on it along with some other changes.

5. cybrkitn

I don't know about any changes. I guess the best thing to do would be to call Disney Dining to make sure, which I might do later. DS10 is looking forward to having the teriyaki-style New York strip steak and I was contemplating whether or not to go for the ribeye or coconut-almond chicken.

6. Mad Hattered

Mad Hattered I had a stick of CareFree gum, but it didn't work.

I borrowed these pics from a Dining Review that was done this weekend. I am mad they got rid of the Tuna Oscar and Ribeye!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. cybrkitn

Thank you! One addition I know my DS10 will love is the duck. But I'm also disappointed that the rib-eye was taken off.

8. kristin08

kristin08 Mouseketeer

Is the shrimp and scallops entree gone too???

9. Tanyabeth8

Tanyabeth8 Mouseketeer

Awesome. Thanks!

10. pugs05

pugs05 Earning My Ears

I'm rethinking our reservation. DH wanted the ribeye and I wanted the shrimp and scallops and both are now gone. :(

11. UberClaire

UberClaire Earning My Ears

Oh no! The tuna oscar and ribeye were two of the dishes I was most looking forward to anywhere!

12. Donna M

Donna M DIS Veteran

I have a reservation for Nov., and when I saw the shrimp and scallops were gone I was thinking of cancelling too, but then I noticed lamb chops-yummy! I'm happy again!

13. psac

psac DIS Veteran

If you wanted the ribeye and haven't actually had it, I didn't think it was that great. The teriyaki steak was much better. I liked the tuna oscar, but I'll try the new one to compare.

14. Nohal

Nohal DIS Veteran

We just ate there last Monday 9/17 and DDIL had the shrimp & scallops so I guess the menu changed after that date. I love the coconut almond chix, get it every time. We have been going in Sept and I am finding every year this is when they change the menus.

15. TheRatPack

TheRatPack Under penalty of law this tag not to be removed ex

Wow the menu on Disney's site isn't even updated yet and still shows the ribeye. Thanks for sharing the new menu.

16. cybrkitn

I was thinking of getting the coconut-almond chicken. Is it a coconut/almond coating?

17. dfin

dfin Earning My Ears

Can someone tell me who has had the chicken, can you taste the coconut, not really a fan, but the dish sound so good

18. cybrkitn

I had that problem as well. However, I talked it over with my mom and brother and they are still ok with Kona. DH is very happy that we are keeping it :thumbsup2

19. Colleen27

Colleen27 DIS Veteran

Okay, I know everyone hates when favorites disappear and I'll certainly miss the tuna oscar myself, but is anyone else excited about the changes? Kona fell off our must-do list a couple trips ago, not because the food wasn't good but because the menu was very static and we'd kind of gotten in a rut ordering the same things (tuna oscar for me, shrimp & scallops for DH & the kids) every time we visited. Now I'm feeling like it needs to go back on the list to give some of the new items a chance... The new tuna dish sounds good, though maybe a little too similar to the one I liked at Narcoosees a few years back, DH loves lamb, and I know my kids will have a hard time deciding between the duck and the clams.

20. Tanyabeth8

Tanyabeth8 Mouseketeer

I wanted to try the ribeye that they removed. I have a reservation there for Oct 1st that I will probably keep because I also think that the new tuna dish sounds really good.

21. Ro Z

Ro Z DIS Veteran

I'm wondering too!
    I always got the ribeye but now that it is gone I am thinking about the chicken.