kona cafe or the wave?

HairyChest

DIS Veteran
We will be on the dining plan and both menus look good to us. Which one is a must-do for dinner?

We had horrible service at The Wave, so bad that we will not be going back.
Kona has good food, but not as much atmosphere.

I have done The Wave for dinner and it was great! We did Kona for lunch and that was great - but I'm not sure I'd so dinner there as it is a more casual atmosphere and I felt was better suited for lunch. Either would be a great choice!

We went to The Wave at the end of October and had a horrible experience. The food was decent but the service was horrendous. The server was not attentive then she got chatty with a huge party, having conversations on top of taking orders. All this after we had asked for something. Then she managed to bring out a tray with all their drinks and toppled it on multiple people in their group. We waited forever for her to come back to get our dessert order and So we asked for our check and skipped it. It was not a good experience for us and I don't see us going back. Even if not for the service, the food was just meh.

In my opinion Kona is underrated. We have eaten there 4-5 times and always happy with it, especially their lunch menu. I can't recall a bad meal or service there. It's kind of in the open so it's a little loud but no worse than Ohana.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter